Part time hires

Purplepackage

We hired 2 part time guys recently, one in December and one shortly after.

I don't understand the thought process in this company. The first guy we hired is the friend of a 25 year courier and works his butt off, runs FOs and constantly gets over 50 hours a week just from volunteering to help heavy p2 routes every day. But the thing is our ops manager favors him.

Second guy comes in and unloads and that's it, on Monday he runs a pup route but they constantly are on him about his performance, I don't get it, how can you yell at someone for performance when the only days they get to go on road are Monday afternoons and saturday?

Route 66

Slapped Upside-da-Head Member
Second guy comes in and unloads and that's it, on Monday he runs a pup route but they constantly are on him about his performance, I don't get it, how can you yell at someone for performance when the only days they get to go on road are Monday afternoons and saturday?
Maybe he just sucks real bad on his Mondays and Saturdays

DRAisawesome

Looks like your station needs Saturday help so they can reduce OT. That's the only reason why that person was hired. Tell them to file a grievance with the senior mgr. to see what happens.

Goldilocks

And if he's white he's SOL!!

Sometimes things just move a little faster if you are any color other than white. Sad but true. My skin is white but I'm Hispanic. I have filed with EEOC before and nothing happened. But know of others. And it worked for them.

ihatewinter

Looks like your station needs Saturday help so they can reduce OT. That's the only reason why that person was hired. Tell them to file a grievance with the senior mgr. to see what happens.

I think it's cheaper to pay overtime instead of hireling someone new.
It depends on circumstances.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
We hired 2 part time guys recently, one in December and one shortly after.

I don't understand the thought process in this company. The first guy we hired is the friend of a 25 year courier and works his butt off, runs FOs and constantly gets over 50 hours a week just from volunteering to help heavy p2 routes every day. But the thing is our ops manager favors him.

The first guy works his butt off, helps out all over the place, and solves a lot of problems that the other guy doesn't. That's probably why he's favored.