Part Time insider, $15/hr in 3 yrs

nystripe96

Last Friday someone who worked the primary worked on my PD to help out. I asked him how long he's worked for UPS. He said he's a sorter making $15+/hr after working just 3 years as a part timer. Simple question, how?????

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

It all depends upon which contract was in effect when he was hired. We have PTers in my bldg who make $28/hr but they were with the company before I started, which was in 1989.

UPSGUY72

Over is right--someone did wake up grumpy.

The OP may very well be telling the truth--it depends upon which contract his buddy was hired under. We have PTers in my center making $28/hr.

Again he said he was hired 3 years ago he is under the new contract most likely even if he isn't it impossible to be making over $15 hr.

If he started three years ago before Aug 1. 2008 he would have gotten $ 2.35 or $2.70 in raises depending if he got the Aug 1 2008 raise, if he's getting $1 more an hour then he would have had to start out at over $11.65 hr.

If he started after Aug 1 2008. He would have only gotten $2.50 in raises if again he is getting $1 more an hour then he have had to start out $11.50 hr.

Is minimal wage in New York $11.50 ???

Last edited:

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

No he didn't--he said that he was up to $15/hr after working 3 years as a part timer. He never said that he was hired 3 years ago--for all we know he could be getting ready to retire.

For what's it worth, he is probably lying.

I have no idea what minimum wage in NY is--I think it is $8-8.50.

UPSGUY72

No he didn't--he said that he was up to $15/hr after working 3 years as a part timer. He never said that he was hired 3 years ago--for all we know he could be getting ready to retire.

For what's it worth, he is probably lying.

I have no idea what minimum wage in NY is--I think it is $8-8.50.

Not get into a pissing contest with you as we both agree he is lying. But the original post was.

Last Friday someone who worked the primary worked on my PD to help out. I asked him how long he's worked for UPS. He said he's a sorter making $15+/hr after working just 3 years as a part timer. Simple question, how?????

1000RR

I don't think it is possible. I've been with the company since July 2007 and I make $13.74 and that is with the $1 raise I got after passing the pickoff sort test.

menotyou

bella amicizia
If he has worked for the company part-time for 3 years, was the only one allowed to go back part time from FT without quiting and having to be rehired? I think the 3 years is self-explanatory to any normal human being.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Not get into a pissing contest with you as we both agree he is lying. But the original post was.

I guess I read too much in to it. He is lying.