Part Time insider, $15/hr in 3 yrs

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by nystripe96, Jan 22, 2012.

1. nystripe96

nystripe96 Active Member

Last Friday someone who worked the primary worked on my PD to help out. I asked him how long he's worked for UPS. He said he's a sorter making $15+/hr after working just 3 years as a part timer. Simple question, how?????

2. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Very proud grandfather.

It all depends upon which contract was in effect when he was hired. We have PTers in my bldg who make $28/hr but they were with the company before I started, which was in 1989.

3. Bubblehead

Bubblehead My Senior Picture

Perhaps he was lying to you.

P.S. Nancy if he has worked here for 3 years, he was hired under the present contract.

4. Funfact

Funfact Well-Known Member

He's lying.

5. UpstateNYUPSer

Over is right--someone did wake up grumpy.

The OP may very well be telling the truth--it depends upon which contract his buddy was hired under. We have PTers in my center making $28/hr.

6. Funfact

Again he said he was hired 3 years ago he is under the new contract most likely even if he isn't it impossible to be making over $15 hr.

If he started three years ago before Aug 1. 2008 he would have gotten $ 2.35 or $2.70 in raises depending if he got the Aug 1 2008 raise, if he's getting $1 more an hour then he would have had to start out at over $11.65 hr.

If he started after Aug 1 2008. He would have only gotten $2.50 in raises if again he is getting $1 more an hour then he have had to start out $11.50 hr.

Is minimal wage in New York $11.50 ???

Last edited: Jan 22, 2012
  7. UpstateNYUPSer

No he didn't--he said that he was up to $15/hr after working 3 years as a part timer. He never said that he was hired 3 years ago--for all we know he could be getting ready to retire.

For what's it worth, he is probably lying.

I have no idea what minimum wage in NY is--I think it is $8-8.50.

8. Funfact

Not get into a pissing contest with you as we both agree he is lying. But the original post was.

Last Friday someone who worked the primary worked on my PD to help out. I asked him how long he's worked for UPS. He said he's a sorter making $15+/hr after working just 3 years as a part timer. Simple question, how?????

9. 1000RR

1000RR Member

I don't think it is possible. I've been with the company since July 2007 and I make $13.74 and that is with the $1 raise I got after passing the pickoff sort test.

10. menotyou

menotyou bella amicizia

If he has worked for the company part-time for 3 years, was the only one allowed to go back part time from FT without quiting and having to be rehired? I think the 3 years is self-explanatory to any normal human being.

11. UpstateNYUPSer

I guess I read too much in to it. He is lying.

12. nystripe96

nystripe96 Active Member

I never said I believed the guy. Just threw the question out there