Part-Time Medical Coverage

hyena

I agree that the ptimers deserve more money to start but the patimers need to get more involved at the same time. How many ptimers do you see at the meetings?
Im going to start going to the meetings i deffinitly want to get involved with my Union. Mine are about to start up again soon!
How many times do you see a sup working side by side with a ptimer? Does this ptimer file a grievance? No, why? because its less work for them to do.
Exactly theres a kid at my work who does that to spite me. When I see a sup working I always tell them Ill get it. Sometimes when I say something this other kid will say I asked him to help because I didnt want to go to the other side of the belt. Ridiculous!
Now how many sups working do you see next to a ftimer? very few, why? Because the ftimer will file to protect his/her job.

You want to vote down this contract and ask fulltimers to stand on a picket line losing their pay and possbly their jobs to help a ptimer that wont help themselves.
I wish the full timers would stand beside me at my center they complain but dont file grievances! Well a few do, they dont play around but thats only a few. In order to fight and change things for the better you have to have unity! I know im trying right now, I try to educate people in union matters but I really dont have the time in yet, but I continue to fight hoping one day it will help others as well!
I ask you what makes more sense?

dillweed

I hear that 710 part timers will have to pay $50 per month premium but will get insurance cards at 100%, pay only a $10 co-pay at time of doctor's visit and get wellness care which is a plus.

Females don't enjoy paps and mammograms enough to pay for them out of pocket but most will drag themselves in if it's paid for by insurance.

705red

Browncafe Steward
I agree that the ptimers deserve more money to start but the patimers need to get more involved at the same time. How many ptimers do you see at the meetings?

Red, don't assume all p/timers don't care. I know that 80 or 90 percent don't care, but i would like to attend our union meetings here with our local, but ours holds the meetings on weeknights at 7 or 8 at night. I work the local sort so am not able to attend our meetings.
I was not throwing a dig at all ptimers but more of a general statement covering the majority of ptimers.

the union should hold the meeting on a sunday like we do because the majority have sundays off or at least rotate the meetings from certain days on a month by month basis to allow everyone to attend every couple of months.

hyena

I was not throwing a dig at all ptimers but more of a general statement covering the majority of ptimers.

the union should hold the meeting on a sunday like we do because the majority have sundays off or at least rotate the meetings from certain days on a month by month basis to allow everyone to attend every couple of months.
Ours are on sun as well but they take the summer off. They start up again in a little less then a month. Sad thing is Ill be the only one attending from my center. I look forward to learning more though.

porter1

I hear that 710 part timers will have to pay $50 per month premium but will get insurance cards at 100%, pay only a $10 co-pay at time of doctor's visit and get wellness care which is a plus.

Females don't enjoy paps and mammograms enough to pay for them out of pocket but most will drag themselves in if it's paid for by insurance.

most part-timers can not afford 50.00 and the union dues. How long before full timers have to pay. At .35 x 17.5 hours a week = 6.13 raise per week. Now they have to pay 12.50 a week for insurance. they get no raise. I don't know if we can let that happen to our preloaders