part time package handler

newhelpls

So I applied Sunday night as a part time package handler assuming I could as a 17 y/o? in the application it asked if I was under 18 and I selected yes and gave my age, the next day they scheduled an interview. I called UPS HR and he told me as long as they accepted it that means you're eligible... Basically I really don't want to drive all the way out there to find out I can't work because of them just clicking accept on an application..

PT Car Washer

also, does it mean anything since they immediately scheduled a tour or is that just common?
It means they need bodies. It is not uncommon to hire 17 year olds. I believe the hours you can work are restricted. Some heavy work for most teenagers unless you are built like you are on the football team.

AndUPSER

You can start as a package handler at 17, but must be 18 to be a driver helper.

I started at 17 during the summer before my senior year. If you still have another year of high school left, you will miss a lot. Football/basketball games, trips, hanging out with friends, etc. For me starting at UPS at 17 was worth it when I got 2 weeks paid off and the best health insurance out there.