Part Time Retirement

pretender

EVERY person is treated like they are the first person. And when I tried to get help from union they acted like I was the first person to ever complain. And you don't get more per month. Its either a whole year's credit or nothing, based on calendar year and not your seniority date. Here I needed to work until mid Sept to get credit for the whole year. And you should retire on 1st of month, not middle of month so I worked until Oct 1.

I neglected to say that every retiree I talk with has said that it was like they were the first one. I agree with your statement about the union. Just to confirm, your last day worked was Sep 30?

Just to clarify, my other post regarding prorating was in reference to vacation pay, not pension benefit. Having said that, it seems as though I did get a partial year credit for my part time pension, but I would have to get my paperwork out to double check.

oldngray

nowhere special
I worked until Sept 30, correct. It was also a Friday and ended that week. As for part time years, I originally had a partial year vesting credit (5 years and 7 months) but when the plans were combined I got 8 years of credit as a part timer (when I also got credit for years under 21).

pretender

I worked until Sept 30, correct. It was also a Friday and ended that week. As for part time years, I originally had a partial year vesting credit (5 years and 7 months) but when the plans were combined I got 8 years of credit as a part timer (when I also got credit for years under 21).

I was similar--I worked until Nov 30, which was also a Friday, and my first pension checks were deposited in my account the following Monday. When you say the plans were combined, does that mean you get one pension check? I get one from UPS/IBT for full time years, and one from UPS for part time years.

Last edited:

oldngray

nowhere special
I was similar--I worked until Nov 30, which was also a Friday, and my first pension checks were deposited in my account the following Monday. When you say the plans were combined, does that mean you get one pension check? I get one from UPS/IBT for full time years, and one from UPS for part time years.
I get 2 checks each month but I meant when UPS took over full time pensions from Teamsters. Both of my monthly checks come from UPS but one is from the UPS/IBT account..

Serf

So your telling me all I have to do is work as a part time package handler for the next 25 years? And not only will I get a raise every year, but a 2100$ a month pension, and a good health care option?!

PT Car Washer

So your telling me all I have to do is work as a part time package handler for the next 25 years? And not only will I get a raise every year, but a 2100$ a month pension, and a good health care option?!

No. 25 years will get you $1500 at age 60. $1250 a month at any age. 35 years will get you $2100 a month at any age.

lazydriver

I just retired on Oct 31. Gave my sup notice on Oct 30. Picked up my pension check from my local Nov 5, if I had worked Friday Nov. 1 I would not have gotten a pension ck for Nov. I still have not contacted UPS about my part time pension. It is separate from my full time pension. Took the early retirement with penalty, but now have time to do other things.

I just retired on Oct 31. Gave my sup notice on Oct 30. Picked up my pension check from my local Nov 5, if I had worked Friday Nov. 1 I would not have gotten a pension ck for Nov. I still have not contacted UPS about my part time pension. It is separate from my full time pension. Took the early retirement with penalty, but now have time to do other things.

Thats fantastic! Hope you have a long and enjoyable retirement! I couldn't even imagine,how great that must feel!

woldring

Congratulations......You need to wait until Jan. 1, 2014 to qualify for the $2100/month pension. If you retire now, you would receive $1925 as you may know. Also, you will receive the TeamCare Retire coverage for $200/$400 per month (individual/family).
So here it is close to January and now neither HR or the Union can tell me if I can retire because not all locals have approved the new contract or supplements. Sure wish somebody can help with this.

Steven Nelson

Congratulations......You need to wait until Jan. 1, 2014 to qualify for the $2100/month pension. If you retire now, you would receive $1925 as you may know. Also, you will receive the TeamCare Retire coverage for $200/$400 per month (individual/family).

Can you help me? I need to get info on my pension and how much it is and when i could collect. Also, I cant log in to the upsers website. I just want to make sure that everything is kosher.