Part-Time Sup going back to hourly

I think I know the answer to this one, but I want to verify.

Has anyone heard of a Part-Time Supervisor that was able to go back to an hourly position in one way or another?

Thanks

TheKid

Yes....I did it....I was a part-time sup....went driving and never looked back. We have a bunch of drivers in my building that did it.

JonFrum

When part-time Supervisors are hired as drivers, they are considered the one "outside" hire, even though they are not from the outside. So you may be elligible for every seventh driver opening. My building has several drivers that were part-time Supervisors.

ARTICLE 22. PART-TIME EMPLOYEES
Section 4.
Part-time employees shall be given the opportunity to fill full-time jobs before hiring from the outside on a six-for-one basis (six (6) part-time to every one (1) outside hire).

Red Dawn

have seen it, you have to be in very good w/ you mgr. but most mrg will tell you flat out that if you quit they will not rehire you.

I think you guys are thinking that if I go to driving, which I understand I can do when the 6-1 ratio is available for off-the-street hires. However, I would like to go back to working preload, as a part-time hourly.

FracusBrown

Ponies and Planes
I think you guys are thinking that if I go to driving, which I understand I can do when the 6-1 ratio is available for off-the-street hires. However, I would like to go back to working preload, as a part-time hourly.

The only place to go is up or out. I've never seen a PT sup go back to being a PT hourly.

Big Babooba

So are you saying that you went from bad to worse and want to go back to bad? Sorry, but the progression is from bad, to worse, to even worse. No backpedaling is allowed.

So are you saying that you went from bad to worse and want to go back to bad? Sorry, but the progression is from bad, to worse, to even worse. No backpedaling is allowed.

Well, you don't know the personal circumstances. It is better for me, right now, to go backwards. Especially given the way they have completely changed my schedule and screwed up my "after UPS" life during the day.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
Well, you don't know the personal circumstances. It is better for me, right now, to go backwards. Especially given the way they have completely changed my schedule and screwed up my "after UPS" life during the day.

To them, there is no "after UPS life", even as a PT supervisor. No offense but (1) they should have warned you and (2) you should have known better.

badpal

Has anyone heard of a Part-Time Supervisor that was able to go back to an hourly position in one way or another?

Thanks
Yes i think we got 3 or 4 four drivers that were once pt sups . But did have to wait for the outside hire rule to come around . But they didnt have to quit

Thanks

Why would you want to go back? Part-time sups are well respected and the pay is great good job on quiting the Teamsters now you can't go back.

JonFrum

Did you get a Withdrawal Card when you left the Teamsters and went over to the Dark Side? If not you will have to pay the Initiation Fee all over again. (Assuming UPS gets in touch with its compassionate side and lets you go back.)

To them, there is no "after UPS life", even as a PT supervisor. No offense but (1) they should have warned you and (2) you should have known better.

Yes, you are right. I SHOULD have known that I was going to get screwed over. Thanks for reminding me of my stupidity and ignorance. To think, that a multi-billion dollar company would actually care about what their employees think, and feel. Where were you when I was a kid and I was learning all of my life's lessons? Thanks.....

"Why would you want to go back? Part-time sups are well respected and the pay is great good job on quiting the Teamsters now you can't go back." - posted by somebody

I can't decide what is more funny about this post. The well respected part, or the great pay part. Last time I checked, the employees that work "for" me make only $1 less an hour. Sure, they only get about 4 hours a day, where as I get screwed for 5.5, but they also started at UPS later than I did. They also don't pay for their insurance. They also don't have to worry about randomly getting their hours changed. They also don't have to worry about losing their job for no reason. Need I go on?

GSOUPS

I knew a guy that went from PT Supervisor to combo worker.

Would that count as going from PT Supervisor to hourly? That's the only case that I know of.

Good luck man, I'm glad I didn't go into supervision, just never seemed all that attractive to me.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
Yes, you are right. I SHOULD have known that I was going to get screwed over. Thanks for reminding me of my stupidity and ignorance. To think, that a multi-billion dollar company would actually care about what their employees think, and feel. Where were you when I was a kid and I was learning all of my life's lessons? Thanks.....

"Why would you want to go back? Part-time sups are well respected and the pay is great good job on quiting the Teamsters now you can't go back." - posted by somebody

I can't decide what is more funny about this post. The well respected part, or the great pay part. Last time I checked, the employees that work "for" me make only $1 less an hour. Sure, they only get about 4 hours a day, where as I get screwed for 5.5, but they also started at UPS later than I did. They also don't pay for their insurance. They also don't have to worry about randomly getting their hours changed. They also don't have to worry about losing their job for no reason. Need I go on?

I only made that post in case someone else came along reading and had similar thoughts/situation as you did. Honestly, as you know, that is why UPS picks the new-hires for promotion over the more experienced employees.

I see it every week and every month and it burns me up. I want to take the hourly making "the fall" aside and ask them "Is this what you really want? You just started working here, maybe you should learn how to do the work and how the operation runs first before you change your life?"

IT's too bad how the system works. I've seen people "promoted" with only 2 weeks in the company! They didn't even make it on their own as a loader yet! lol

Red Dawn

yes, they let you go and rehire you. Start all over as a new hire. But like i said they don't like to let you do that. Unless they reaaaallly like you. I think because after a yr or so just about every pt time sup in hub wants to go back to hourly. And if they let one veryone will be asking. You might have a better chance asking to go back hourly at another hub.