Part-time Sup Test

Edman32

Hey guys and gals.. Next week sometime I'll be taking this test. I was just wondering what this test consists of? I know there's a math part, was just wondering what the extent of the math problems are? Thanks guys for any tips.

Big Babooba

Is this the test?
[video=youtube;zJAH4ZJBiN8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zJAH4ZJBiN8&p=9AFBEEAD3F8A3EBF&playnext=1&index=23[/video]

JG89

I just took mine a month ago, so ill tell you what I can to help.

The math - It sucks. Its pretty stupid and really has no relevance to what we (me as an outbound sup at least) do. A few of the questions will be very similar, but are actually very different so make sure you read it all carefully.

The other 2 parts - Basically the ask you questions like "If we contacted your current or past manager, what would they say about your work". Make yourself sound amazing. If you say "youre average" then you'll fail believe it or not. Then the rest is basically customer service questions, which also make no sense because I dont come across customers while im working. But whatever, its what they want. Most of the test is a mind game. Once you pass and become a sup, the first week, you're going to hate it and wish you were an hourly again, then it gets better. Any other questions, feel free to message me.

ajblakejr

Age quod agis
I just took mine a month ago, so ill tell you what I can to help.

The math - It sucks. Its pretty stupid and really has no relevance to what we (me as an outbound sup at least) do. A few of the questions will be very similar, but are actually very different so make sure you read it all carefully.

The other 2 parts - Basically the ask you questions like "If we contacted your current or past manager, what would they say about your work". Make yourself sound amazing. If you say "youre average" then you'll fail believe it or not. Then the rest is basically customer service questions, which also make no sense because I dont come across customers while im working. But whatever, its what they want. Most of the test is a mind game. Once you pass and become a sup, the first week, you're going to hate it and wish you were an hourly again, then it gets better. Any other questions, feel free to message me.

Supervisor JG89 - The first rule of Fight Club is: you do not talk about Fight Club. The second rule of Fight Club is: you do not talk about Fight Club.

Same rules apply to the test...you broke rules in your reply.

I respect your decision to take the test but am curious as to why you would consider going into management? As a part time union employee you could become a Full Time driver in less then two years. I know Part Time supervisors who have been waiting to go Full Time going on seven-eight years now. Also if you do advance to a Full Time Supervisor you have no idea what you're getting yourself into. In my building the Nassau Hub half of the fulltimers are on stress related medication and walk around like zombies. They work like 14 hours a day with no break and no overtime. Upper management abuses them to no end in person on their phones on their radios etc. In fact in my building two Fulltimers just quit and I heard a few others were hospitalized because the stress was so bad. As a Union employee you would be protected against behavior like that. Just something to consider before you take the test.