Part Time Supervision Scam

Sore Back Joe

Does anyone else feel like this whole part time 'sup' deal in Louisville is a scam?

Does anyone else feel like vomiting when some mindless, bloodsucking manager speaks to you like it should be a privilege to let UPS friend you?

They do this things like raising the starting hourly rate for new supervisor s, while not adjusting the hourly rate of those of us doing this for years. What kind of scum bag move is that? I can only imagine all the other sneaky, backroom :censored2:ery involved in compensation decisions that obviously screw employees.

They tell you that as a supervisor you don't have to do the work anymore. That is a flat out LIE!! These scum bags expect you to your job and the jobs of the union folks you may or may not have that day. They'll use you until you re all used up...not even think about it twice. DISGUSTING!

Every once in a few years they have this forum where a bunch of condescending division managers get up in front of all the part time sups in an effort to 'boost moral'. If so many peoples lives weren't being so negatively impacted by these people, these events would be comical. The last one we had they stood up there and tried to explain why part time supervisors are expected to perform their job duties even on the bus not being paid. Funny this directive comes from a handfull of division manager who drive their brand new BMW's right up to the Wing B office door. Way to set the example guys!

I don't have time to write much more today, but I could go on and on about this disgusting part time sup labor camp. I'm hoping maybe some other sups can share some experiances. I'm wondering if Im the only one sick of being screwed?

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
I don't have time to write much more today, but I could go on and on about this disgusting part time sup labor camp. I'm hoping maybe some other sups can share some experiances. I'm wondering if Im the only one sick of being screwed?
Labor camp? The last time I checked...the hourlies you are "supervising" aren't sitting back drinking Mai Tais and getting a tan while you do all the work!! You can watch us sweat while you walk around trying to look important and perfecting that pissy look on your face.

greengrenades

To be the man, you gotta beat the man.
You were the one dumb enough to become a part time sup. It is a :censored2: job at every hub. All you had to do was ask anyone who has been there awhile and they would have told you not to do it. And I bet even if they told you not to, you would have done it anyways. I see it all the time. I also find it funny when they think they will be going into full time supervision or will progess to something else. I have been at ups for 12 years and there are still part time supervisors around who trained me.

AndUPSER

What type of part time supervisor are you? The kind that has a cool walkie talkie and a safety vest all the time even though they only run a belt and never go outside. Or the kind that will ask the most senior person on the belt clueless questions and say the dumbest things like: "What does this RTS by the line that says signature mean?" "They chose me to be a supervisor after 3 months because I was the greatest loader ever." and my favorite "I have no clue what I'm doing. PLEASE HELP!"

Sore Back Joe

What type of part time supervisor are you? The kind that has a cool walkie talkie and a safety vest all the time even though they only run a belt and never go outside. Or the kind that will ask the most senior person on the belt clueless questions and say the dumbest things like: "What does this RTS by the line that says signature mean?" "They chose me to be a supervisor after 3 months because I was the greatest loader ever." and my favorite "I have no clue what I'm doing. PLEASE HELP!"

Im the kind of sup truly cares about the hourlies I work for. I ran little belts like the one you work on for years. Now I unload aircrafts on the ramp.

Hourlies get screwed just as hard as we do. I have the utmost respect for all of you.

I started this thread to better inform people before they decide to sign up to trust UPS.

AndUPSER

Im the kind of sup truly cares about the hourlies I work for. I ran little belts like the one you work on for years. Now I unload aircrafts on the ramp.

Hourlies get screwed just as hard as we do. I have the utmost respect for all of you.

I started this thread to better inform people before they decide to sign up to trust UPS.

And those that do care about their employees tend to quit. On my old sort, I have seen 5 pt supervisors quit in the past few months after the way they were treated for looking out for union employees and not treating them like crap.

One of my favorite pt supervisors, who had 12 years in, decided to leave after a new ft supervisor took over and started treating union employees and the pt supervisors under him like crap.

But the fact is, a lot of pt supervisors are only after that big promotion that may never come and they end up being a pt sup for decades.