Part time supervisor test results

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
To the OP- unless you are a Minority Female there is about a 99.999999999% chance you wont rise any higher than the Part Time supervisor position you are applying for. You will see people you have "supervised" that were hired after you going Full Time and earning a good living while you languish as a PT employee.
Your supervisor is blowing smoke up your arse to sucker you into taking the absolute worst position in the company.
I may have to disagree on this.
Being military, he may go up the ladder faster.
He's used to chain-of-command and following his superior's instructions.
Dependant on his area's needs, UPS loves hiring guys FT that won't question a higher-up.

By The Book

Dependant on his area's needs, UPS loves hiring guys FT that won't question a higher-up.
I could see this part time sup with a military background being more successful in a large center or hub. In a small center not so much.

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
For the OP's sake I hope I am wrong on this,but I would be very very surprised if I am in deed wrong.

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
They won't ask you to jump out of a plane ,, but they will like the idea of you being trained to kill people !! Lol. Lol

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Hello all, I'm new to the forums. My full time sup recommended me to be a part time sup after him over hearing me mention to a co-worker that I want to move up in the company. He sat me down and explained to me the pros and cons, which was everything I've read on here about the position, so no need to tell me what I already know. Please leave pitty parties and negativity about my career choice opinions to yourself. He said I'm an excellent worker and any facility would be lucky to have me as their sup, and that my military background is a plus. Anyway, I took the mapp test Friday morning at home, piece of cake. Any of you guys know how long it takes for my sup to receive the email with my test results? Also, Any idea how long it takes to actually be promoted after passing the test? And how do I figure out what facility I will be transferring to? For me, this is the best decision for myself and my family. I'm more less trying to get a basic idea of time frame. I'll be tripling my salary, and for my family and i, it's the best move I could make

Info: If you looking to go friend/T Management with UPS, you will need a bachelor's degree.

Good luck with your career and family.

I also posted your question in the Partners forum which is set up for management but the riff-raff still posts. :1eye:

clean hairy

PNqMrA.gif
HEY!
Quit Monkeying around during your test!

km3

Info: If you looking to go friend/T Management with UPS, you will need a bachelor's degree.

My hub has several FT supervisors who don't have degrees. Just in the last 5 months I've seen 2 PT supervisors get promoted to FT without degrees or military experience.

dudebro

My hub has several FT supervisors who don't have degrees. Just in the last 5 months I've seen 2 PT supervisors get promoted to FT without degrees or military experience.
They probably committed to get a degree online. That is the standard these days, and it will come up over and over.

km3

I talked to a PT sup who knows more about the situation earlier. He says there are a couple who have Associate's degrees, but most don't have Bachelor's degrees. Some of them may be working towards it, that I don't know for sure.

I think my hub is just so desperate to fill the roles, they'll promote anyone that can get the job done. In retrospect, other than an arbitrary company policy, one tends to wonder exactly which of their responsibilities absolutely cannot be performed without having or working towards a degree.

They don't fire PT supervisors unless they screw up, big-time, either. I've said it before in this thread, and I'll say it again: PT supervisors have better job security at my hub than drivers do. At least for now.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Unfortunately for them, they have no career path with UPS then. :biting:

Unless UPS changes their entrance requirements to higher level positions.

BLACKBALLED

Driving is an option I wouldn't be opposed to. As much as the forums stress how bad being a supervisor is, my ultimate goal is to climb the ladder as high and as fast as I can. I'm ambitious. The other part about your answer, #1 my site is Tuesday to Friday 3 hour guarantee. So not much money. We have 1 part time and 1 full time sup for our place. The part time sup said he's leaving soon and he'd train me if I pass the test, but being Tuesday through Friday, would I still get 27.5 hours guaranteed? That's why I'm asking about transfer. I'm trying to go where the money and opportunity for advancement is for my family you know
If it is a small center than pt sup is not bad, if it is a big center than it is not recommended, since you are former military you will do better than most since you have to be thick skinned to be a pt sup, management will tick you off multiple times and try your patience but I think if you have the kind of drive you are stating, it just may work out for you, but it wont be easy especially when you leave union for non union.