Part-time to Full-time master list

Floyd Gondolli

When HR draws from the master list for full-time positions, anybody know when it goes back to the top of the seniority? Is it after a hiring period? When does it re-set?

brownrod

When HR draws from the master list for full-time positions, anybody know when it goes back to the top of the seniority? Is it after a hiring period? When does it re-set?

Read your contract. The procedure to go from part time to full time is in your regional supplement. When we need a new FT employee they put up a bid sheet for the job they are hiring for. Highest senior person who signs on that sheet is given the job.

We used to have a master list they put out once per year. But it was changed for us in the last contract.
Ask your steward for a copy of the contract. And read it.

Floyd Gondolli

I get that. I have a contract and have read the supplement. I don't see it. Our master list is updated in Feb. and Aug. of each year and posted in HR. Let me re-phrase the question. If HR is pulling for full-time driving, let's say, Aug. 2001 and they are going down the seniority list calling and promoting in seniority order. How long does this go on for? When does it go back to the top of the seniority list? Is it after a hiring period? Do they fill the spots and then the next time they hire go back to the top of the seniority list? I'm not talking about DQ's, getting in accidents in your probation, self DQ's, i'm talking about the original call up.

Last edited: