Part time to full time

danyoson20

So I went full time driving in August. I been working in the pre load for pat six years. During peak ups has hired several drivers off the street. Some were let go bc volume dropped and about 15 or so are still driving. 18.75 is good money, just sucks knowing the guy off the street making 10 dollars more than. Can union do anything or I just have to wait for progression to make decent money.

box_beeyotch

A guy off the street doesn't make 10 dollars more an hour than an inside guy. At least here they start at the same rate and follow the same progression. I do advise you to make sure if they are working, you are working as well. If not, grieve it ASAP.

danyoson20

I've talked couple tcd off street there are making 28hr. Can I grieve that? I'm not sure if this has anything to do with this but in January ups built a new hub. Hired a lot drivers.

Richard Harrow

Deplorable.
I've talked couple tcd off street there are making 28hr. Can I grieve that? I'm not sure if this has anything to do with this but in January ups built a new hub. Hired a lot drivers.

I'm fairly certain you're being BS'd, kid.

If you think an injustice is being done I suggest finding your shop steward and getting an answer from he or she.

danyoson20

I wish I was lying and this was a big April'sg fool joke. But I'm not, tcd here (southern region) start out making 28hr. I talked to union steward he said since I went from part time to full time that I would stay current pay rate. It sucks doesn't seem right fair or right.

crow27

I am a tcd that started driving right before peak and make 28.60 (Preload before that), but they only work me when they really need me.
If I had the option to go full time at I most definitely would though, even if I had to drop down to 18.

Last edited: