Part time Top Pay

Cementups

Box Monkey
They still need p/t workers at that location but you can't apply on the ups website. How can they get workers without posting the job so people can apply?

Take your person down to the location and inquire within. Face-to-face interaction makes things happen much better and quicker.

LaUpser

Hello Allentownups :happy2:

There is a wage progression for part-timers. In the current contract for preloader/sorter, it is as follows:

Start $9.50
Start + 90 calendar days $10.50
Seniority + 1 year $11.00
Seniority + 2 years $11.50
Seniority + 3 years $12.00
Seniority + 4 years $12.87

$1 less for all other p/t.

In addition you would receive a general wage increase each year of the contract. The total wage increase (all p/t positions) for each year is as follows:

2008 $.70
2009 $.75
2010 $.75
2011 $.85
2012 $.95

Following wage progression you would continue getting the general wage increases until you retire.

Let's talk about pension since you are interested in benefits.

$1,925 at any age after 35 years of Credited Service (750 hrs/yr ~ roughly 15 hrs/week)
$1,650 at any age after 30 years of Credited Service
$1,375 at age 60 with 25 years of Credited Service
$1,125 at any age with 25 years of Credited Service

I strongly urge you to view part-time at UPS as long term employment.

how do i follow this when i havent even made my 2yrs yet and im already at 12.50 i will make 2yrs jan.

stringerman85

It probably depends on your region, but I do believe the red-circle rule of thumb is in effect in the NMA. So the correct answer is 26 years gets you 27/hr and the red-circled p/t "top rate".

Over one year? That's a blink of an eye in reality. There are quite a few p/t supervisors that I work with that are really nice kids but have no idea who makes what, what seniority is, what seniority means, how to run an operation while regarding seniority, etc etc. They wouldn't know the top rate for a part-timer if I ask them. They'd say " I have no idea". Nor do you.

Yeah drewed says a lot of things on here that aren't correct I noticed, Nothing personal to him, but you are correct, Don't give wrong information if you don't know it, or anything. Maybe they do things differently in Palin's home state eh? hehe :happy-very: