Part time ups pension question

crystal_ball

I had about 7 1/2 years as part timer. How do I figure out my pension benefits for this period? The last 4 of those years as a "cover driver" I worked over 40 hours a week. Does this mean anything?

I plan to retire at age 57 or 58. The Central States calculator says about $2000 a month benefit at 57 and $2250 at 58.

Why do you have to work at an approved job after you start collection from Central States? I could understand if you were taking a full time teamster job. But this seems like discrimination.

I guess I will have to sell stuff on ebay, move overseas, or work for tips because I wont be able to afford to retire in this country on the above projected amounts.

705red

Browncafe Steward
I had about 7 1/2 years as part timer. How do I figure out my pension benefits for this period? The last 4 of those years as a "cover driver" I worked over 40 hours a week. Does this mean anything?

I plan to retire at age 57 or 58. The Central States calculator says about $2000 a month benefit at 57 and $2250 at 58.

Why do you have to work at an approved job after you start collection from Central States? I could understand if you were taking a full time teamster job. But this seems like discrimination.

I guess I will have to sell stuff on ebay, move overseas, or work for tips because I wont be able to afford to retire in this country on the above projected amounts.
You have to request ptime pension info in writing to ups in atlanta, should receive an answer within 30 days.

local804

You have to request ptime pension info in writing to ups in atlanta, should receive an answer within 30 days.

Friend of mine is going through a divorce. As per Judges orders, he had to get info due re: his pension. The information came 4 months after he requested it and it was broken down into 2 parts. (Ft and PT pensions)
Even though it took a while it had all the information he needed including what was accrued during the marriage.

booka72

Teamstergal
I have 16.5 years as a part timer at ups, I am in my 4th year as a full timer. Do I have to work another 21 years to receive medical benefits for retirement?

japan69

pt job retire to reach 55 with 25 yrs become full benefit if u less then 25 yrs u get half benefit contract with u union rep for more infomation

booka72

Teamstergal
Im not quite sure I'm understanding this..lol..all the 22.3 participants at my hub are all asking this question and it's been nothing but confusing..

FAVREFAN

Im not quite sure I'm understanding this..lol..all the 22.3 participants at my hub are all asking this question and it's been nothing but confusing..

Yeah. I'm in that boat. From what I've learned and haven't learned yet........each local or part of the country varies widely. From what I understand, the p.t. pension is reduced 6% per year that you take it before 65 years old. Crock of :censored2: I have 20 years in p.t. Considering friend.t. 22.3 right now. If I retire before 55(which I can do), I'd be better off staying part-time and getting the p.t. service pension. If I switch to friend.t. I have to stay until 55 to make it worth while pension wise.
Neither the union or UPS can give anyone the same answer twice. I don't think anyone knows other than the UPS Retirement Department in Atlanta.

You can request info. Good luck with that too.
I hate wishing my life away but man do I look forward to walking out those doors for the last time. Watched a guy do it a month back and you could just see the gleam in his eyes! Must be such a great feeling.