Part-Time Woes

S

steamheat

Dear smlsrtgrl,

I had no idea that ups required some employees to move loads that weigh thousands of pounds. You must be very strong. Why, just the other day I tried to push a 500 lb crate across my garage floor and I couldn't budge it.

F

fedexsnightmare

Steamheat,
Air cans in the air operation are used for transporting packages and they weigh thousands of pounds. They are moved by pushing them on rollers. Many UPSers call them igloos. They move on-and-off the plane because the floor of the plane has rollers and casters covering the floor of the plane. They are still not that easy to move but, one person can do it safely. Don't be so hard on smlsrtgrl. She could be your Sort Manager one day.
Let's all squash FedEx.

P

proups

ok2bclever: Smart FT Sups don't say no to upper management, just like smart union employees don't say no to FT Sups.

If I did see a FT Sup tell upper management no, then they must be asking the FT Sup to do something illegal, immoral, or unsafe, which none of us have to do. The upper management would get fired for that.

Good try, though!

S

smlsrtgrl

dearest steamheat
Yes as fedexsnight stated they cans are pushed on rollers. And usually 2 of us. Just trying to get thru to you that others(women) are doing heavy work.
Have a Nice Day