Part-Time Yard Shifter

StoptheAct1212

Because u are putting it out there in a forum that everyone sees. What you actually do on the clock.... whatch movies while everyone working... if you do that.. its cool. But no need to tell everyone you got a cake position.. all u need is the wrong person to read this and catch ya ass.... in between shifts you will be jumping in a trailer..

gorilla75jdw

Because u are putting it out there in a forum that everyone sees. What you actually do on the clock.... whatch movies while everyone working... if you do that.. its cool. But no need to tell everyone you got a cake position.. all u need is the wrong person to read this and catch ya ass.... in between shifts you will be jumping in a trailer..
Lol , brother you have no idea , I have managers and sups that ride and watch with me . Don't be hating . You should be happy for a brother .

Overpaid Union Thug

Lol , brother you have no idea , I have managers and sups that ride and watch with me . Don't be hating . You should be happy for a brother .
It would trip me out every day when I'd clock out from noonday at FedEx and head over to UPS for twilight. I'd make that long walk through the yard and see shifters asleep or just chillin. It was worse during the walk back to my car at night when the shift was over. Yes.....it's kinda cool having a lax job like that but on the other hand not so cool when you consideyouow inefficient it is......AND.......the fact that UPS loves to eliminate combo jobs. Just something to think about.

StoptheAct1212

Not hating. Good job, just throw your fake ass supervisors under the bus too.... i guess you dont get my point...... all good though... do you.....

Overpaid Union Thug

Not hating. Good job, just throw your fake ass supervisors under the bus too.... i guess you dont get my point...... all good though... do you.....
What pisses people in the extended centers off is that we can't get any more combo jobs in these buildings (even though we need them) and there are 22.3 people in the hub watching movies and falling asleep with their hands in a bag of popcorn. That or they are spending way more time in the break room then actually doing any of the duties that are supposed to be required of them during either of their two shifts.

Apparently some locals are better about creating more combo jobs throughout all of their buildings then others are. Some of the smaller buildings that were basically left out could actually benefit (our trucks routinely go months without getting washed) from having a few more 22.3s. But instead we have hubs (and I'm sure it happens in some extended centers too) with people that basically show up to do a little bit of work, if any at all, and lounge around.

PT Car Washer

What pisses people in the extended centers off is that we can't get any more combo jobs in these buildings (even though we need them) and there are 22.3 people in the hub watching movies and falling asleep with their hands in a bag of popcorn. That or they are spending way more time in the break room then actually doing any of the duties that are supposed to be required of them during either of their two shifts.

Apparently some locals are better about creating more combo jobs throughout all of their buildings then others are. Some of the smaller buildings that were basically left out could actually benefit (ours trucks routinely go months without getting washed) from having a few more 22.3s. But instead we have hubs (and I'm sure it happens in some extended centers too) with people that basically show up to do a little bit of work, if any at all, and lounge around.
My building has a few of the 22.3 jobs that you describe. The vast majority of 22.3 jobs involve loading on one sort and or sorting unloading on another sort with an hour and a half or more break between. My building has a couple of 22.3 car washers and the cars never are cleaned by them. Just hang out and play with their smart phones. 22.3 jobs are a big joke and should all be eliminated and the money saved used to increase the PT pay rates to attract better qualified employees.

Overpaid Union Thug

My building has a few of the 22.3 jobs that you describe. The vast majority of 22.3 jobs involve loading on one sort and or sorting unloading on another sort with an hour and a half or more break between. My building has a couple of 22.3 car washers and the cars never are cleaned by them. Just hang out and play with their smart phones. 22.3 jobs are a big joke and should all be eliminated and the money saved used to increase the PT pay rates to attract better qualified employees.
I agree. Either they should be forced to do the jobs or the jobs need to be moved somewhere else. If either of those can't be accomplished then cut the fat out and raise the pay for part timers.

Special UPS Operator

Ive been a package handler/unloader now for two weeks. They are offering me yard shifter what will be my hourly rate???
Its serious work, most likely one of the most important jobs in the building, the shifts need to be done quick and safe... .. if you a lazy bum.. you can get away with just chillin and waiting on the call to move the trailer. But some of us are motivated and jump in to make things happen.. and shutup to any negative comments.. and for the fool that said he brings his tablet..... never rat on your friends and always keep your mouth shut....

Dulce Bombón

I'm Legal Gringo! UPS Latina Heat! Haters ❤ me!
Those jobs in my center you need at least 25+ years to get ......

I've been working in the hub 10+ years and im thinking about finally doing yard shifting. I was wondering how difficult the job is and what a days work consist of ? I'm getting tired of loading/unloading and im in need of a change of scenery. Thx in advance ! Btw it's a part time position.

Oh my...run away. That job is very meticulous, write u up for any stupid single sh-t. Seniority means nothing there they treat u like a newbie. Anyways Good Luck.

Special UPS Operator

Cause she only showed up for like two seconds every time and only to give me directions on paper work. Other times she was with people who were road testing.
Why didn't you ask the person that offered it to you???

You seem an awful lot like a burned out light bulb.

You must be burnt out. Im just starting to get lit.