PART TIMERS getting Shafted again.

stink219

No one at the bargaining table EVER seems to represent the helpers. SO once again they will be forced to take $8/hr to bust their ass carrying 50 lb packages and running off most of the drivers deliveries while the driver "sorts" his load and waits for him to return to the truck. Another injustice!!
According to the minimum wage hike, they will get a raise too!!

blue efficacy

It may vary from supplement to supplement - as I mentioned I was referring to the Central, which covers me - but it clearly states OT shall not be pyramided and from many experiences, that holds true. I doubt it's much different elsewhere, since if you worked 50 hours driver helping/PT shift, and UPS has already paid out over 10 hours OT (toward your PT shift), they're not legally required to pay OT.

"...really add nothing. Same old lines post after post." Gee, sounds like 99% of your postings (but literally if you compare my postings to yours, I'm uncertain how you can say that... most of my postings offer some value -- even if minimal -- while yours are childish rubbish). Same old "even though in 5 years, top rate will be near $38/hour for most drivers, and top rate x 40 x 52 = about $80,000 ... dangit, I don't like this math ... top rate x 40 x 52 = DOESN'T KEEP UP WITH INFLATION."

At 13 years, I'm still several years shy of FT here. I've done air driving (they chopped half those routes, bumping me back to Preload), cover driving and seasonal -- many, many times. And I am bettering myself - I shall be graduating either this fall or winter, depending on the availability of my capstone class. Hence why I'm smart enough to know HOW to multiply $38 x 40 x 52 (I just Google it, frankly).
You need to file a grievance to get OT paid correctly, but "shall not be pyramided" means that you can't get "double OT" pay for being both over 40 AND over 5 hours on your inside shift. Any hours you work over 40 will be paid your current rate x 1.5, regardless of the job you are working at the time, and that is the law.

Bagels

Family Leave Fridays!!!
You need to file a grievance to get OT paid correctly, but "shall not be pyramided" means that you can't get "double OT" pay for being both over 40 AND over 5 hours on your inside shift. Any hours you work over 40 will be paid your current rate x 1.5, regardless of the job you are working at the time, and that is the law.

I wasn't clear in my second response -- this is how I've been being paid. The person I was responding to was implying that he could double-dip (pyramid) on OT.

Justaname

So check this out. What I like about 4 year progression. After the first raise I plan on living within that salary. Which means the rest of my wages will be going into a savings account.

spmoto

I'm confused with the new contract. If I make $10.50 with less than a year in, what will I make with the new contract? I work the preload and get the"skilled dollar" Thanks

UPS Preloader

I'm confused with the new contract. If I make $10.50 with less than a year in, what will I make with the new contract? I work the preload and get the"skilled dollar" Thanks

Depends... If your anniversary fall before August 1st you will get 50 cents on your anniversary and 70 cents on August 1st. If your anniversary is after Aug 1st you will get 70 cents on August 1st and 30 cents on your anniversary.

rudy5150

Full timers need to spread the word to part timers that this contract sucks and their future is not looking good at all if this contract gets passed. Help out your fellow brother and sister! Just vote no!