Part timers: how many hours do you work a day

barrycold

This is a question to all the part timers. How many hours do you work a day. Each location varies so here is the time to share with others. thanks

BrownIsUgly30

4-5 hours on night load (11pm to 4am). It depends really, some days are just worse than others then my pd might get some overtime but its rare. Preload had a lot of overtime, which I never minded but I couldn't handle the hours because my body was all screwed up during the day.:knockedout:

Mike Hawk

5-5.5 is normal, more soon since I just got responder training. Hoping to get some good OT out of that. This week I will be close to 50 hours because of the hazmat training and a day of helping.

hyena

For me probbably 4.5 to 5.5 I cant wait to start helping I like peak or should I say I like the money!

If I double at twilight I get around 3.5-4 hours. Then I eat and go to my normal shift on midnight, usually around 4.5-5 hours but volumes been down. 32 loads on average when it used to be 38 on average.

evilleace

Usually 4-4.5 but the rest of the unload only gets about 3.5-4 usually, I only get more because I go help with bulk slide tape-ups and running out packages to the belts.

Work right slow and safe

I get about 2.5 to 3 on a good day monday maybe 3.5 I work twilight they have been pushing are start time out to 6:45pm so people will go home early and miss out on the full 3.5 hr they will cut people 5min before break so they can skip and not pay people for the 10 min break they get just to save more money with the part time sup working fewer people to see them :angry:

sortaisle

Livin the cardboard dream
I get about 2.5 to 3 on a good day monday maybe 3.5 I work twilight they have been pushing are start time out to 6:45pm so people will go home early and miss out on the full 3.5 hr they will cut people 5min before break so they can skip and not pay people for the 10 min break they get just to save more money with the part time sup working fewer people to see them :angry:

If someone isn't getting paid for those sups working, then your shop steward is a bitch and needs to be replaced. Someone needs to file on that, and besides, if people aren't getting paid for at least 3.5 then your hub has some serious problems. Someone needs to file!

Anyhow, I get around 4 hours a night.

cwmaxxout

Quote:
Originally Posted by IDoLessWorkThanMost
Do you only work at UPS part-time? What do mom and dad think? That sounds like a pretty easy lfe.

What you think im some kid? You have no idea about my life. With a name like I do less work than most you must have the easy life!:biting:

IDoLessWorkThanMost; you had that coming your not "GOD" if your full-time some part-timers may be starting new career's or keeping health ins. so LIGHTING-UP!!!!!!

Work right slow and safe

If someone isn't getting paid for those sups working, then your shop steward is a bitch and needs to be replaced. Someone needs to file on that, and besides, if people aren't getting paid for at least 3.5 then your hub has some serious problems. Someone needs to file!

Anyhow, I get around 4 hours a night.

one does file but he can only see his side of the hub but no one other then him will file all the part time workers will not say anything due to what mgm will make them do they will move you to do a heavy line or some bs work to get back at you

IDoLessWorkThanMost

Quote:
Originally Posted by IDoLessWorkThanMost
Do you only work at UPS part-time? What do mom and dad think? That sounds like a pretty easy lfe.

What you think im some kid? You have no idea about my life. With a name like I do less work than most you must have the easy life!:biting:

IDoLessWorkThanMost; you had that coming your not "GOD" if your full-time some part-timers may be starting new career's or keeping health ins. so LIGHTING-UP!!!!!!

OK, no problem. I realize there are many people that do nothing but work part-time at UPS, and make that their careers. Best of luck with that!