partial knee replacement

upssd

Just Had a partial knee replacement.. other than the expected pain of rehab, anyone know Realistically how long it should take to be FULLY recovered to the point of resuming Delivering pain free.
Previously had 2 meniscus surgeries and came back too soon on both of them.
Not this time, wondering what time table i'm looking at to do this job right, safely and pain free

upssd

All funny replies but SERIOUSLY, what is realistic to make sure i don't come back too early. Just wondering if y'all know anyone whose had a partial and attempted a return. I've done it twice with Meniscus surgery and learned from that. I personally am thinking 12 weeks before i even think about beating it up on that job

joeboodog

good people drink good beer
Doubtful.
When comes to knee replacements, been there, done that, got the scars to prove it. With me, it took three months to return to work. The first few months back were difficult but fortunately my management team worked with me and were very understanding.

The main thing is doing your physical therapy and working out on your own. Also work on other areas of your body so they don't soft.

After a while, you will feel great but it takes time.

rod

Retired 22 years
All kidding aside if you are a smoker it will take longer to heal but it can be done. A fellow driver I know had 3 MAJOR back surgeries, was out a total of 5 years and still made it back for a coupe of years to fulfill his 30 years and get full pension.

upssd

When comes to knee replacements, been there, done that, got the scars to prove it. With me, it took three months to return to work. The first few months back were difficult but fortunately my management team worked with me and were very understanding.

The main thing is doing your physical therapy and working out on your own. Also work on other areas of your body so they don't soft.

After a while, you will feel great but it takes time.
I hear ya
Starting Rehab now. Pretty Determined

upssd

Thank
All kidding aside if you are a smoker it will take longer to heal but it can be done. A fellow driver I know had 3 MAJOR back surgeries, was out a total of 5 years and still made it back for a coupe of years to fulfill his 30 years and get full pension.

Thanks Man
i appreciate ur reply