Pas labels

The Brown Santa

Ping Pong Ball
7842 means it goes at the back of shelf 7.

Or...if the rest of the country preloads like they do here, it could be "anywhere it fits" Most of the time a "7842" will be anywhere on the top shelf on the drivers side. Usually in the 3000 section.

It's cool tho, I'll use a half hour everyday to sort the load out (on the clock of course)

IWorkAsDirected

Outa browns on 04/30/09
so true, and our loaders are so afraid of putting them out of sequence, they load up the shelves, leave the floor empty until they run out of space then stack the rest in the middle. We are all averaging 20 more miles; an hour or more over allowed and at least a half hour sorting through the loads. Boy what a money saving idea this was.

LKLND3380

In case anyone is curious. This was a flip that should have been caught by the preloader. I typically will point this sorta stuff out to preloaders if I see it, but will not dance on their skulls too hard, as it is a difficult thing to catch.
The customer put Desert Passage #340 on the first address line of the package. The system parsed that address out, could not find a desert passage 340 in 89109 zip code, but did find a 340 E Desert Inn, which is, in the larger scheme of things, close - so it made the guess that that is what the customer actually meant and flipped to that.
The system does this sort of flip hundreds and hundreds of times in a sort the size of either of the Vegas buildings. I would estimate about 90% of the time it gets it right, and flips to the correct address or what the customer did actually mean. Sometimes, it gets it very, very WRONG.

THE PRELOADER CATCH IT.!.!.

I have to get my numbers up to 390 PPH... In this case ALL I HAVE TIME TO DO IS.... Look for the package car number 132 and then place it near the end of the 7000 shelf...

I wish the flow was SLOW enough for me to read and confirm EVERY Worldship label and compare it to the PAL.

See that number 1093 on the PAL? I look to see if that matches the tracking number on the Worldship label. There is a good chance this label came out blank and a Data Acc clerk typed the wrong address in and printed that bad PAL.

I can see the time on the PAL but there is a good chance it was printed after preloaders were sent home and possibly loaded by a Supe according to the PAL as well... If this is the case, guess who gets written up for misloads?

LKLND3380

Can someone help me out? We are getting PAS in a few months, and I was curious how these numbers on the label correspond to where they are placed in the truck?

P: Orange - I guess is what belt it goes down
Here in Lakeland we have three belts Lakeland, Winter Haven and Plant City

I: S - that one I don't know... Here in Lakeland we has IN and OUT to designate how it is split on the belt

X: next to the box I dont know but the BOX will some times have a big "A" and that means Add/Cut/Split

Below 132-7842
Is the tracking number 1Z

Below that is the log in of the SPA person date and time

132 is the package car number
7842 is the shelf number

Facing the front of the package car...
Top shelf (shoulder height) on the right is divided into two sections, 1000 and 5000 (1001 would be next to bulkhead 1999would be near middle of shelf- 5001 would be near middle of shelf and 5999 would be near the rear door)
Bottom shelf (knee level) on right is divided into two sections, 2000 and 6000
Floor behind bulkhead passager is FL1
Floor on wheel well is FL3
last is Rear Door Right RDR

Top shelf (shoulder height) on the Left is divided into two sections, 3000 and 7000
Bottom shelf (knee level) on left is divided into two sections, 4000 and 8000
Floor behind bulkhead driver is FL2
Floor on wheel well is FL4
last is Rear Door Left RDL

There is Rear Door Center

Ideal situation all of the NDA would be 1001~1050 but some people ship tires and irregs so they will not go in the 1000 section and if the truck was bulked out before airs - MAYBE they will be loaded RDC

thebrownbox

Whaa? Why would they not use the floor space in the trucks? Someone needs to knock some sense into them, with a big stick.

Most of the time it's because they just throw the boxes on the shelf.. I had a guy do that in one truck today.. a box that was 6000 something was on the other shelf in the wrong area...

LKLND3380

Are all the shelves in the truck the same? (Numeric wise). If 7 is the shelf #, then what do the last three digits represent?

1000 behind bulkhead passager
2000 behind bulkhead passager

3000 behind bulkhead driver
4000 behind bulkhead driver

The numbers go up in sequence according to stops on the route... 1000~1050 is where airs go and then 1051, 1052 would be each stop along the route through 1999

Then they would empty the 2000 shelf and then 3000 self, etc... ideally the last stop of the day would be 8999

LKLND3380

Or...if the rest of the country preloads like they do here, it could be "anywhere it fits" Most of the time a "7842" will be anywhere on the top shelf on the drivers side. Usually in the 3000 section.

It's cool tho, I'll use a half hour everyday to sort the load out (on the clock of course)

Supes will say "Get it in there..." and "Put it away..." now what will happen is there is no room on the 7000 shelf and packages will continue coming down.

Now if a driver does the route CORRECTLY (this is where GPS comes in) the driver will be empty on the 1000, 2000 and be working on the 3000 shelf and discover the 7842 package.

The driver has knowledge to know that will be near the end of the 7000 section and leave it there. Once the driver clears the 3000 and 4000 shelf they will shift through the 5000, 6000, 7000 and 8000 shelf... Looking for misloads and then - while making use of the entire shelf - place that 7842 package between 7840 and 7850:wink2:

Now if it was a 2840 package in the 8000... that would be a problem:angry:

LKLND3380

Whaa? Why would they not use the floor space in the trucks? Someone needs to knock some sense into them, with a big stick.

You never know when a Pottery Barn, Bowflex or 20 cases of paper will come down the belt and the preloader will need that Floor space...

Plus a PT Supe may do a preload audit and tell the preloader they have boxed out of sequence if a non FL1, FL2 package is on the floor...

Then they will be meeting in the office about poor load quality becuse of those out of sequence boxes on the floor... Then the steward has to call in the driver to explain why they told the preloader to make use of the floor... The the center manager will tell the preloader to work as directed not as the driver says... Proper methods say load according to PAL not according to empty floor space...:sad-very:

W

westsideworma

You never know when a Pottery Barn, Bowflex or 20 cases of paper will come down the belt and the preloader will need that Floor space...

Plus a PT Supe may do a preload audit and tell the preloader they have boxed out of sequence if a non FL1, FL2 package is on the floor...

Then they will be meeting in the office about poor load quality becuse of those out of sequence boxes on the floor... Then the steward has to call in the driver to explain why they told the preloader to make use of the floor... The the center manager will tell the preloader to work as directed not as the driver says... Proper methods say load according to PAL not according to empty floor space...:sad-very:

See I'm having a problem here as well. The PALs are placing things in illogical places (I know, thats not new news). Bulk stops are being PALed to shelves and all I get is BS from the OC supes and my manager. Meanwhile my FT supe is telling me that its a mistake and to use my best judgement. Well I loaded before PAS so I know where almost all of these bulkstops went (and normally go, even on PAS) and thats where the drivers look for them. Not our new boneheaded positions. A college with 160 pcs for example has no business being in the 2,3 and 4 thousand sections with other stops (housecalls, other businesses) when it is his first stop and normally is RDR and RDL positions. When we cut routes this seems to happen. However nothing is PALed to the bulk positions...absolutely nothing. So when it first happened we ended up with bulk stops on the shelves and all the other stuff on the floor....not exactly a great idea. However we were told to follow the PALs so we did. Then I got drivers and managers complaining and I told them we are working as directed. I did it the way I thought it should go and was spoken to for it for not going to plan, but with the bulk stops in their normal positions (drivers were happy, preload manager was not) now I'm doing it the way the PAL says and am being spoken to again for it by on cars and drivers (for bulk stops in multiple areas as directed by the PALs)...make up your mind guys.

What we have here is failure to communicate....same as always. Everyones always trying to pass the buck.

LKLND3380

See I'm having a problem here as well. The PALs are placing things in illogical places (I know, thats not new news). Bulk stops are being PALed to shelves and all I get is BS from the OC supes and my manager. Meanwhile my FT supe is telling me that its a mistake and to use my best judgement. Well I loaded before PAS so I know where almost all of these bulkstops went (and normally go, even on PAS) and thats where the drivers look for them. Not our new boneheaded positions. A college with 160 pcs for example has no business being in the 2,3 and 4 thousand sections with other stops (housecalls, other businesses) when it is his first stop and normally is RDR and RDL positions. When we cut routes this seems to happen. However nothing is PALed to the bulk positions...absolutely nothing. So when it first happened we ended up with bulk stops on the shelves and all the other stuff on the floor....not exactly a great idea. However we were told to follow the PALs so we did. Then I got drivers and managers complaining and I told them we are working as directed. I did it the way I thought it should go and was spoken to for it for not going to plan, but with the bulk stops in their normal positions (drivers were happy, preload manager was not) now I'm doing it the way the PAL says and am being spoken to again for it by on cars and drivers (for bulk stops in multiple areas as directed by the PALs)...make up your mind guys.

What we have here is failure to communicate....same as always. Everyones always trying to pass the buck.

Ok.... I dont know the technical name for the print out but if you find a computer and it shows all the package cars... Driver check them to see how many stops and some will comment thet they are in the red... At the start of preload, you can click on the package car and it will show you what it is supposed to have. It lists address, pal section how many boxes. You can click to list by how many boxes and then click print screen...

You will have a print out of your bulk stops for that one car and list section #. So now the preloader will have a print out for Each of there cars and know they have 173 pieces for 3470 sequence 75 pieces for 1572 sequence. They can load accordingly and place those on the floor even if they say 1 of 1...

Dont get this confused wit the forcast that lists the entire belt or building on two or three pages those are 50% accurate at best... You have to click on a package car and print...

Last edited:
W

westsideworma

Ok.... I dont know the technical name for the print out but if you find a computer and it shows all the package cars... Driver check them to see how many stops and some will comment thet they are in the red... At the start of preload, you can click on the package car and it will show you what it is supposed to have. It lists address, pal section how many boxes. You can click to list by how many boxes and then click print screen...

You will have a print out of your bulk stops for that one car and list section #. So now the preloader will have a print out for Each of there cars and know they have 173 pieces for 3470 sequence 75 pieces for 1572 sequence. They can load accordingly and place those on the floor even if they say 1 of 1...

Dont get this confused wit the forcast that lists the entire belt or building on two or three pages those are 50% accurate at best... You have to click on a package car and print...

yeah its the DMS client, I've used that. My preloaders now know what bulkstops they have (trained them memorize bulkstops at least, a la the old way) and adjust accordingly now but it just seems counter productive to tell them they're doing it wrong when we are to telling them to use their best judgement. We know where they end up now, they always are "placed" in the same oddball sections when not in bulk positions save for a select few. It just seems counter productive, why can't we just come to an agreement and PAL them where it should be and be done with it? It doesn't seem like it should be that big of a deal. I know what you're saying though but to me it just seems kind of ridiculous that it needs to come to that.

you're right about those other reports though, according to those every pickoff on my line did 2000 pieces today....which they did not haha.

PassYouBy

Unknown Acrobat
Lets say for instance that I have a "typical" bulk stop at the Rear Door Right which is normally heavy. The Next day they only have 2-3 packages, does PAS move those up to the shelf when its "not heavy"? Or can the driver request that it should be there everyday?

browniehound

I guess I'm going to give my opinion on bad PAL labels. The preloader is the "last line of defense". I heard this from my boss regarding us drivers in preventing misdeliveries at one time.

If our preloaders are trained to look at both labels, then I think they should be given the time allowances to do so.

I also think more blame should be laid at the feet of our workers putting PALS on the package. I hear of PALS that are not even close to the correct address. If you can't find a correct address, why can't the package be put aside and the address physically read by someone and PAL'd correctly?Is it that difficult?

When I look through EDD every morning I can catch 80% of mis-PALS just by looking at the address in my DIAD.

That being said, it can be done. I have an A+++ preloader. I can't remember a misload in the last 60 days and this includes bad PALS. He keeps bad PALS to the side and asks the driver when he gets in where it should go.

This guy is the best preloader I've ever seen and we can't expect the entire workforce to be like him. He is so good that I will dig through the entire truck looking for a certain package before I leave the stop because I know it will be on my truck. I haven't been let down yet!

Cementups

Box Monkey
Lets say for instance that I have a "typical" bulk stop at the Rear Door Right which is normally heavy. The Next day they only have 2-3 packages, does PAS move those up to the shelf when its "not heavy"? Or can the driver request that it should be there everyday?

your bulk stops stay put once you schedule it there. It doesn't matter if it is 2 packages or 102 packages. I have a RDR stop that Friday had 2 pieces. Other days they have anywhere from 10-30 pieces.

Cementups

Box Monkey
how is this for a diagram. I did a quickie.

PALload.jpg

Bad Gas!

I'll tell you what ticks me off about these labels...They don't re-spa send-agains...So since they bust routes Mon and Friday and sometimes more...You get sendagains that don't belong on your truck..and it's not preloads fault because it has the correct #'s on it...So what we have here is built in misloads...thanks ofr listening mgt..I've tried and tried to get them rescanned nightly...Does anybody here get sendagains rescanned?