PAS screwing up customers with multiple locations

AKCoverMan

If I get packages with bad address and know the good addres I no longer take that package and deliver it. That package goes back to the clerk and gets corrected then sent back out. I do this so it gets fixed in the system.
Yes I've tried that but what I find is the package gets "corrected" to the same right address by the clerk then next am preload PALs the package right back to the wrong address anyway because PAS is certain this company is at that other address.

They are at that other address but they are at this address too! Grrrrrrr..

I send a misload msg on every one of these with "FLIP" in the comments. Then I deliver it to the address on shipping label.

It's not the customers fault we misrouted the package; I am not going to delay it by a day if I can help it.

Last edited:

AKCoverMan

We have one route that has three different companies with this issue and another route where one company occupies like every building on one particular street. Flip-a-palooza!

None of the addresses on any of these have consignee lists built into the DIAD. Are there separate "consignee records" built in PAS the we don't see in the DIAD?

Indecisi0n

Yes I've tried that but what I find is the package gets "corrected" to the same right address by the clerk then next am preload PALs the package right back to the wrong address anyway because PAS is certain this company is at that other address.

They are at that other address but they are at this address too! Grrrrrrr..

I send a misload msg on every one of these with "FLIP" in the comments. Then I deliver it to the address on shipping label.

It's not the customers fault we misrouted the package; I am not going to delay it by a day if I can help it.
That happens to me to. He sends it back out to the same wrong address so I resheet it again as a NSN/company again and keep giving it back until he looks up the actually company name and get the correct address.

AKCoverMan

That happens to me to. He sends it back out to the same wrong address so I resheet it again as a NSN/company again and keep giving it back until he looks up the actually company name and get the correct address.
Are we talking about same thing? I'm talking about when package is shipped to right address but PAL label is to wrong address.

oldngray

nowhere special
Are we talking about same thing? I'm talking about when package is shipped to right address but PAL label is to wrong address.

The package will have correct address on the shipping label but PAS and EDD try to send it to a different address. PAS label will match the EDD in your DIAD. Not the same as a PAS label being put on the wrong package.

AKCoverMan

The package will have correct address on the shipping label but PAS and EDD try to send it to a different address. PAS label will match the EDD in your DIAD. Not the same as a PAS label being put on the wrong package.
Yes exactly. The PAL label is for that package but the address is changed by PAS. The customer shipped it to the correct address in the first place.

We call PAS label on the wrong package "off spas". Usually when the person scanning and applying labels gets out of sync but sometimes they just transfer as packages slide along each other on belt.