Passed Driving Test and DOT Physical, Now School

thatsmypackage

Going down for rehire training, which is only 2 days from what I've been told. I have no idea what it will consist of though. They already gave me my uniforms so... I really can't see them getting rid of me for not knowing the DOK... but I wouldn't be surprised if they did. LOL!

Anybody know off hand what the first 2 days off school consist of? I'm guessing driving stuff. Sucks that rehires have to do this. :(

MassWineGuy

Well, it's been a busy, intensive week thus far. Five of us were chosen from the main group of about 20 to get a different kind of training. Instead of just sitting there watching a computer we have a good mix of lecture/discussion and a lot of on-road and hands on training. The DIAD training was suprisingly helpful. Tomorrow I go with a driver on his route to observe.

Last edited:

MassWineGuy

I don't know. Yesterday while we were all out in the van, the supe got a call that driver (an experienced driver) had been in an accident. Later, the driver said that he had pulled up to an intersection, looked left and right, but then concentrated on the detail cop across the street giving him a signal. He neglected to look left again before moving and a Jeep piled into his pkg car. So, no, I think veteran drivers should also know how to recite this stuff.

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
30+ years... time to retire pal. give the "newbies" a chance to earn a living. Your the reason we can't get in. LOL!

Done and done six months ago. You're welcome, in advance.

(BTW, my old building can't find anybody to drive. No part-timers want it and new hires don't last a week.:surprised:)

ibleedbrown

i was the only one in my class that knew everything word for word lol i guess it depends on your class. in my class you had to know the 5 habits word for word the highlighted part of the 10 word for word and be able to explain the jist of the rest. we were able to write it down from memory and then read it back to them from the paper. they passed everyone but 3 in my class but it was because they failed the driver drill.

1pocket73

I took Integrad back in February and have been driving ever since.My advise is to learn the 5 and 10 before going and get it out of the way asap.The road test,integration station and the pre-trip are the most stressful parts,so you'll want ample time for study on the days leading up to the final tests(Thursday for us).
Be prepared for a very stressful first few days as they are throwing things down your throat.The course is designed the way it is so that they can weed out the people who can't handle pressure.What you learn there has nothing to do with the actual job.It's really the persons insides that are being tested.Driving a UPS package car is all about staying calm and thinking clearly under immense pressure at times.That is exactly what it takes to get through integrad.