Passed my Sort test

goetface

So I passed my sort test two days ago, requirements to pass were 1450pph 98%.Practicing on the computers before and after work for days on end, studying flash cards etc, I noticed that 98%= 196/200, I also noticed regardless when you take the test there are always 4 labels that you get wrong because there is no BELT for them to match them with. So basically UPS thinks its funny to say 98% when its really 100% and expect that without you ever having had gone up to the sort belt to really practice you'd get 100% which is pretty crappy in my book. After taking it I took my results to my supe to show him not only did I pass but the little trick they have set up on the test with the 4 that are always wrong, all he could say was " oh crap". Anyways, the next day I come in he walks up to me and says, ok so the lead and the sort supe need to watch you sort and have to give you the OK in order to get the 1 dollar.....I have never even been up there yet, and before going into work that day barely started learning the SLICKS which is what you mostly deal with up there is the 34 slicks. So whatever, I go up, they pair me with another guy who thank god was nice enough to help me out alot, but by the end of the shift I had it down pretty good no biggie. So I have a question here, do I get my dollar or what? the sort supe said I did great and that I was "good" I guess meaning I got it. However, I heard from some other guys that I should get like 5 hours on my check for all the computer time I put in before and after work off the clock as training, is this true? one of the sorters also told me they did this because before in the past, people would milk training time and not even become sorters....someone verify ? Do I not now deserve my freaking dollar, after all the studying, after them just giving me the mess of so called study sheets that I had to decipher and organize to actually pass the test, after passing the damn test, and now having to be observed, wtf man?

goetface

Yea I also heard the same, although they at least just wanted you to pass the computer test, but pretty much you were given the 1.00 dollar because they understand the hardwork you put it, and new hires basically make squat. that however, was a few weeks ago up untill that lead supe got promoted and now we have a new lead, and you know how that goes with people in new positions ofmanagement trying to re-invent the wheel.

menotyou

bella amicizia
The hand it out at your seniority in my center. Technically, since you passed, I think you have to do the job for 30 days. Not at all positive. I just remember it was like that years ago in DA.

nystripe96

In essence at least taking the test helped you learn a bit more about how the system works. I may wanna just take it regardless of its mandatory or not. Just loading will get kinda dull after a while imo

goetface

For sure learning and seeing how it the belts work from unload to sort then to pick off and load is clear to me now and yea that is a plus. At my hub though as soon as you pass it, then you get your dollar regardless if your up there perm or your a back up like me. My questions were just why the hell are they dragging out the process and well I think I answered my own question, because we got a new lead. However, one question just remains, do I get paid training for all that time before and after work off the clock studying, some say I will, however just wanna see others experience with this.

Shryp

In my building you get the extra $1 as soon as you pass the test or, if you happen to sort without the test you get the $1 for time spent sorting since it is a skilled position. Only new hires get paid to study and take the tests. If you keep up with your test and do it once a month on time like you are suppose to then you get paid for 15 minutes training time.

klein

Für Meno :)
Am I the only one ? Everytime I see this thread on top, I read it as "Passed my pee test" ! I always need to read it twice , dammit !