Passed road test but no call back?

Romeofud

I think I mentioned this before, but here it goes again. After I passed the road test in NYC the instructor just congratulated me and said "they'll call you," and that was it. I saw him do this to 2 other guys that had passed as well, but I have no idea if they called back or not, because I haven't heard yet and it's been exactly a week.

Now, I've been trying to reach them by telephone but no picks up and it only rings 3x before it goes straight to a complicated answering machine system that doesn't have many options at what to do or who to leave a message for.

With this, I decided to go down to the Brooklyn location this morning and schedule a road test with them for Monday. If I pass, which I feel confident I will, will they hold off because my name will come up in the system as 'on file' or will it not matter since I'm not an employee anyway? I get the feeling I might be on some waiting list at the NYC hub but not sure. The Brooklyn hub has no waiting list since the HR lady claimed that they're hiring now! No delays! Any suggestions on what I should do next?

Johney

This is UPS bud just give it some time you're not the only one they are dealing with. There is likely one HR person dealing with all the paperwork,background checks,etc. just hold tight your time will come. Going down again and doing another road test will probably just make you look like an idiot.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
chill out .
UPS HR moves slowly .
Once the background checks are done , your name will be added to the list.
As jobs open up , the faster your time will come .

Romeofud

This is UPS bud just give it some time you're not the only one they are dealing with. There is likely one HR person dealing with all the paperwork,background checks,etc. just hold tight your time will come. Going down again and doing another road test will probably just make you look like an idiot.

Yea, I probably will look ridiculous running back down there to do another road test in a week lol. I cant front, I really liked driving that package car. It's not so bad as it looks. I guess when Monday comes, I'll let them know about it and see what they tell me to do from there.

twoeddies1

In the foster hub in BK I saw some new trainees going out with the safety supervisor in the truck so they are hiring. I also saw some people going in the conference room by HR today. I remember after I passed my road test I had to take the sheet the Sup gives you to the HR lady. She asked for my info once more for the background check. She then scheduled for me for the interview with the center manager. Did you see someone from HR after the road test? If you didn't you really don't know if the Sup that gave you the road test gave her the sheet telling her you passed.

Scuderia1

I waited 6 months, after my road test. You have zero control and the HR will not be straight with you. Depends.

Sent using BrownCafe App

freelabor

Just be patient. Hr and on road sups are probably busy training/dealing with inside pters that are either in school or passed school. I got the call for school 3 weeks after my road test. Good luck.

BUCN85

Yup. Took me 3 months to hear back. I actually forgot about filling out an application. This was for pre load though. But still it's UPS taking awhile

"This is called the pre-LOAD not the pre-STACK"

Johney

What if he gets another job offer in the meantime? Should he accept it or keep waiting?

Sent using BrownCafe App
Decision time then. I got a kick ass job two weeks before UPS called me. That was 4 weeks after my UPS interview. I wasn't sure what to do. I spoke to the guy who hired me about my dilemma. Oddly enough he was a UPS retiree. He told me don't pass up the opportunity if it doesn't work out call me. Needless to say I never spoke to him again.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Decision time then. I got a kick ass job two weeks before UPS called me. That was 4 weeks after my UPS interview. I wasn't sure what to do. I spoke to the guy who hired me about my dilemma. Oddly enough he was a UPS retiree. He told me don't pass up the opportunity if it doesn't work out call me. Needless to say I never spoke to him again.

I'm surprised you didn't call back to update and thank him for his advice.

Sent using BrownCafe App

The Driver

I drive.
What if he gets another job offer in the meantime? Should he accept it or keep waiting?

Sent using BrownCafe App

Depends on his priorities. And what kind of work he enjoys.

I quit my job with zero notice this week because I was called up to drive for my 30 days last Friday. It wasn't a hard decision.

Romeofud

In the foster hub in BK I saw some new trainees going out with the safety supervisor in the truck so they are hiring. I also saw some people going in the conference room by HR today. I remember after I passed my road test I had to take the sheet the Sup gives you to the HR lady. She asked for my info once more for the background check. She then scheduled for me for the interview with the center manager. Did you see someone from HR after the road test? If you didn't you really don't know if the Sup that gave you the road test gave her the sheet telling her you passed.

I didn't take the test in Brooklyn, I took it in the city and passed. The guy just shook my hand and had me sign the sheet with my social security and then wished me luck and said they'll call me. He then left with the sheet and other sheets underneath it to test other guys. I had scheduled a road test at the Brooklyn hub earlier today, but now am wondering if that'll even be necessary since I already passed the road test in Manhattan for the same job? And my name is in the system as "on file" that's it. I didn't even take the physical yet. I guess I'll find out everything Monday.

joeboodog

good people drink good beer
UPS moves at its own speed. They will have you wait and wait and wait. But when you get the call, things will move lightning fast.

Coca Cola Delivery Man87

Depends on his priorities. And what kind of work he enjoys.

I quit my job with zero notice this week because I was called up to drive for my 30 days last Friday. It wasn't a hard decision.

damn,you could of at least gave a 1wk notice(if not a 2week notice).It's your life,your decision.IJS - don't burn bridges unless you REALLY have too.

Future

Victory Ride
I think I mentioned this before, but here it goes again. After I passed the road test in NYC the instructor just congratulated me and said "they'll call you," and that was it. I saw him do this to 2 other guys that had passed as well, but I have no idea if they called back or not, because I haven't heard yet and it's been exactly a week.

Now, I've been trying to reach them by telephone but no picks up and it only rings 3x before it goes straight to a complicated answering machine system that doesn't have many options at what to do or who to leave a message for.

With this, I decided to go down to the Brooklyn location this morning and schedule a road test with them for Monday. If I pass, which I feel confident I will, will they hold off because my name will come up in the system as 'on file' or will it not matter since I'm not an employee anyway? I get the feeling I might be on some waiting list at the NYC hub but not sure. The Brooklyn hub has no waiting list since the HR lady claimed that they're hiring now! No delays! Any suggestions on what I should do next?
Call Jenny 8675309