paternity leave question

Nevermore1

You may need to use your leave if you have any. If you use FMLA you need to have your or ypur childs Dr fill out a form saying why and for how long it is needed (my husband had to apply due to caring for an ill family member). Most places will also require you to use all of your vacation/PTO up before FMLA kicks in. Speak to your supe to verify what the requirements are.

User Name

Only 230 Today?? lol
IF you must know... I cant get any vacation picks I want because there always taken by higher senior drivers... The time I would like to take off when we will be having relatives from different countries visiting our new family to see our children. id like to be around for that.. I plan on taking (if i can get it 1 week when my child is first born) then using 2 weeks of FMLA around 4-5 months later depending on when we invite all the family over

U don't need to give the reasons for doing what u r doing. Especially answer so some dude on this forum who is divorced lives in some condo with a cat and skips lunches and breaks and so on and so on.

FYI when my next one comes I'll be taking 6 weeks off to play daddy. So suck it to those of u who hate your crappy life.

Sent using BrownCafe App

superballs63

Well-Known Troll
Troll
FYI when my next one comes I'll be taking 6 weeks off to play daddy. So suck it to those of u who hate your crappy life.

I keep telling my wife, our next one better be born the day before Thanksgiving. I'll take off all peak. Hell yes. Store all my vacation and get paid out, then just save it for those 6 weeks.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Using a perk designed to allow employees to help take care of family members with medical issues (hence the "M") by taking unpaid leave just to take a few weeks off to play Daddy is an abuse of this perk IMO.

What'dyabringmetoday???

Using a perk designed to allow employees to help take care of family members with medical issues (hence the "M") by taking unpaid leave just to take a few weeks off to play Daddy is an abuse of this perk IMO.
You abuse all of the perks granted you by the union considering how much you hate said union. Perhaps you should read a little about FMLA before you try to spread more of your wisdom around. Of course, if it was you choosing to stay home with a new child it would be an entirely different story. You may think you are perfect Dave, but most everyone is aware that the opposite is true. Give the guy a break. He should be applauded for wanting to spend time with his new child. This job makes it difficult to do that. Unless you donate time...

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

...and I have no problem with a new Dad taking time off when the baby is born but waiting for 5 months just does not sit right with me, unless there are medical issues which require he be there...if he wants to take a few weeks off to play Daddy he should use his vacation time...

As for the rest of your drivel.....yawn.

upsgrunt

...and I have no problem with a new Dad taking time off when the baby is born but waiting for 5 months just does not sit right with me, unless there are medical issues which require he be there...if he wants to take a few weeks off to play Daddy he should use his vacation time...

That is about the 6th post where you said EXACTLY the same thing.

What'dyabringmetoday???

Did it ever occur to you that Mommy just might have to go back to work in five months and Daddy wants to help for a while? You are a piece of work. As far as using vacation time, please read up on FMLA like I suggested. He will HAVE to use any vacation time he has available except for one week. I don't know why I get lured into these arguments with you. Yawn all you want Captain. Now get in there and get your truck sorted.

As long as you use your time within 12 months, as posted. not sure why thats taking advantage of the system... I have no problem using my vacation time when I want off... but that particular time of year is usually booked by high senior drivers

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
IF you must know... I cant get any vacation picks I want because there always taken by higher senior drivers... The time I would like to take off when we will be having relatives from different countries visiting our new family to see our children. id like to be around for that.. I plan on taking (if i can get it 1 week when my child is first born) then using 2 weeks of FMLA around 4-5 months later depending on when we invite all the family over
You do not have to explain yourself to Upstate. You can schedule your 6/12 weeks of FMLA anytime within 12 months of the birth of your child. Why you want to take it 5 months later is your business. No one else's.

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!

He explained that he could not get vacation time for these weeks. Too low on the seniority list. But don't worry Upstate. He will be on vacation for the weeks he needs off as long as he has vacation time left.

FMLA states that vacation time must be used, except for 1 week, before unpaid FMLA kicks in.

Substitution of Paid Leave
Any paid leave time that the employee has accrued, such as vacations, sick days, and personal holidays, will be substituted for unpaid leave. However, an employee may set aside one (1) week of accrued vacation to be taken separately from FMLA leave.

Last edited:

Nevermore1

I keep telling my wife, our next one better be born the day before Thanksgiving. I'll take off all peak. Hell yes. Store all my vacation and get paid out, then just save it for those 6 weeks.
Had to laugh at this. Our last one was born on 24 December. My husband called work on the 23rd when I was sent to the hospital due my BP being so high and told them he'd see them in a week. I don't think they were very thrilled with him but there wasn't much they could do.