Paul Ryan

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
108900_600.jpg

roadrunner2012

Four hours in the mod queue for a news link
Troll
Ryan Plan Makes Deep Cuts in Social Security - Center on Budget and Policy Priorities

excerpt:

The Roadmap for America’s Future, which Rep Ryan — the ranking Republican on the House Budget Committee — released in late January, calls for a radical redistribution of resources from the broad majority of Americans to the nation’s wealthiest individuals. [1] It provides the largest tax cuts in history for the wealthy, raises taxes on the middle class, ends guaranteed Medicare benefits, erodes health care coverage, partially privatizes Social Security, and makes deep cuts in guaranteed Social Security benefits.[2] This paper explains the full dimension of the cuts in Social Security, using information from the actuary's new analysis.

moreluck

golden ticket member
"How about a senior citizen being tackled by police for questioning Paul Ryan about his thoughts on medicare and social security?" (TOS)

Actually, they took him away to the Barney Fwank School for Lisps .

Who was cruel enough to put an 's' in lisp??

If that same senior citizen was at a Tea Party demonstration, you'd say he's a nut and probably got a gun. Get over it.

BrownArmy

The stock market was so overwhelmed by the choice of Paul Ryan for Mittens' VP that it...

JUST ABOUT STAYED COMPLETELY FLAT.

Sounds like an endorsement to me.

(Everyone keeps saying that corporations are holding onto their excess reserve of cash until this election gets decided...I think they weren't impressed).

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
I seem to remember everyone being "wowed" by Sara Palin too. I bet Paul isn't such a pretty pig though, even with lipstick.

Sarah plain is literally why I voted Obama last election. The thought of old McCain dying and her being president just was not a risk I was willing to take. Hindsight being 20/20 at 26 years old I believe I possibly made the biggest voting mistake of my life. That includes all the years to come.

Brownslave688

Union members who vote Republican are voting against their own interests. We let the Republicans destroy economy and then listened to them say how Obama wrecked the economy. OK, that's fine, that's what Republicans do. What's most bothersome is that working people buy this horse****, and vote for them. Why don't you just go find the richest man you can find, and tell him that you'll shine his shoes and cut his grass..

I'm not voting democrat just because I'm in a union no one should and a big business owner shouldn't vote republican just because they are rich. The problem is this is how shallow most people's thought process is when it comes time to vote.

Brownslave688

Amazing how RYAN can say its WORSE under OBAMA than BUSH. I can only imagine that BUDDY BROWN believes this crap too.

Peace

TOS

You want to know why it's worse? Because the same thing is happening right now that happened during the great depression. We are going to be paying for the bailouts and such for years and years to come. This means we will have many years of 1-3% growth. Because of the policies at the time the great depression lasted at least twice as long as it should have. Just as this time it should of been a sharp drop and quick rise. Instead they try to slow the drop and drag it out and maybe it even double or triple dips and it's going to be a very long very slow trek back.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Sarah plain is literally why I voted Obama last election. The thought of old McCain dying and her being president just was not a risk I was willing to take. Hindsight being 20/20 at 26 years old I believe I possibly made the biggest voting mistake of my life. That includes all the years to come.

And Joe Biden never entered your thought process ?

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
You want to know why it's worse? Because the same thing is happening right now that happened during the great depression. We are going to be paying for the bailouts and such for years and years to come. This means we will have many years of 1-3% growth. Because of the policies at the time the great depression lasted at least twice as long as it should have. Just as this time it should of been a sharp drop and quick rise. Instead they try to slow the drop and drag it out and maybe it even double or triple dips and it's going to be a very long very slow trek back.

Did you fail history??

There is NO comparision to the recovery after the great depression. These are different times and different circumstances. First and foremost, after WWII, this country went on a GOVERMENT RUN EXPANSION to build roads, bridges, cities, towns, infrastructure, schools and our military.

We made shoes, clothes, furniture, cars, boats, planes, trains, rails, airports, books, magazines, dog food, agriculture, etc etc etc and entered into the largest expansion of the United States of america in HISTORY.

The recovery was HUGE because our manufacturing industry was at 45% of GDP in those times. ALL the way up to 1980, the year Ronald Reagan took control, our manufacturing sector represented 41% of GDP. IN any recession, this industry EMPLOYS PEOPLE and rebuilds the middle class and increases demand for goods.

After Reagans 8 years, that 41% became 30%, after BUSH 1 that 30% became 19%, after Clinton, that 19% went back up to 30% and after 8 years of good old BUSH2 and the gop controlled congress and senate, that 30% became 9% !

Yes, 9% of GDP. since the great depression, our corporate friends with the help of the GOP outsourced our entire manufacturing industry to third world countries to increase profits and in the process, they screwed america in the long run. That long run is what your seeing today.

We no longer make anything. Our auto industry has been reduced to three companies, while millions of foreign cars are imported into this country. We no longer make the basic things that made this country great.

No clothes, no shoes, no books, no furniture, heck, dog food is made outside the country. Same for toothpaste. Everything is centered in China or other third world slave countries.

ROMNEY himself outsourced ALL the OLYMPIC items to third world countries in order to turn a profit in the salt lake city games.

Without industry, we cannot duplicate recoveries of the past. There just isnt the jobs to make that happen. Since Reagan, over 65 thousand factories have closed and moved overseas.

Do you know how many people that employs?

Of course the recovery will be slower, and thats the reason the goverment has to do something to change the course of this country. Jump starting industries is the way to do it. In the last 4 years, SOLAR has become a huge business, private business that is employing thousands of people in every state of the union. This did not exist under BUSH.

These new industries will help pave the way for the future. If the GOP had its way, it would simply put all solar companies out of business and import solar components from china.

You have to think outside the box bro, this isnt 1942 anymore. Its a whole new world.

As for bailouts, dont forget, BUSH left 11 trillion dollars on the desk of the president for all americans to repay at a high interest rate. 1 billion dollars a day for a fact.

OBAMA has stopped the bleeding from what was a near depression of this country after BUSH. 2 wars unpaid, GOP sponsored bills UNPAID, the collapse of the banking industry, the collapse of the housing industry, the collapse of the middle class, and somehow, YOU THINK OBAMA should have had this fixed, corrected and the ship righted in 4 years???

Please, tell me you dont believe this?

Thanks.

Peace

TOS

Brownslave688

No I don't think he should have it totally "fixed" by now but I've seen no signs that 4 more years will change anything.

This isn't worth wasting my time over we have different views I think total free market should reign. You think the government needs to be involved.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Did you fail history??

There is NO comparision to the recovery after the great depression. These are different times and different circumstances. First and foremost, after WWII, this country went on a GOVERMENT RUN EXPANSION to build roads, bridges, cities, towns, infrastructure, schools and our military.

We made shoes, clothes, furniture, cars, boats, planes, trains, rails, airports, books, magazines, dog food, agriculture, etc etc etc and entered into the largest expansion of the United States of america in HISTORY.

The recovery was HUGE because our manufacturing industry was at 45% of GDP in those times. ALL the way up to 1980, the year Ronald Reagan took control, our manufacturing sector represented 41% of GDP. IN any recession, this industry EMPLOYS PEOPLE and rebuilds the middle class and increases demand for goods.

After Reagans 8 years, that 41% became 30%, after BUSH 1 that 30% became 19%, after Clinton, that 19% went back up to 30% and after 8 years of good old BUSH2 and the gop controlled congress and senate, that 30% became 9% !

Yes, 9% of GDP. since the great depression, our corporate friends with the help of the GOP outsourced our entire manufacturing industry to third world countries to increase profits and in the process, they screwed america in the long run. That long run is what your seeing today.

We no longer make anything. Our auto industry has been reduced to three companies, while millions of foreign cars are imported into this country. We no longer make the basic things that made this country great.

No clothes, no shoes, no books, no furniture, heck, dog food is made outside the country. Same for toothpaste. Everything is centered in China or other third world slave countries.

ROMNEY himself outsourced ALL the OLYMPIC items to third world countries in order to turn a profit in the salt lake city games.

Without industry, we cannot duplicate recoveries of the past. There just isnt the jobs to make that happen. Since Reagan, over 65 thousand factories have closed and moved overseas.

Do you know how many people that employs?

Of course the recovery will be slower, and thats the reason the goverment has to do something to change the course of this country. Jump starting industries is the way to do it. In the last 4 years, SOLAR has become a huge business, private business that is employing thousands of people in every state of the union. This did not exist under BUSH.

These new industries will help pave the way for the future. If the GOP had its way, it would simply put all solar companies out of business and import solar components from china.

You have to think outside the box bro, this isnt 1942 anymore. Its a whole new world.

As for bailouts, dont forget, BUSH left 11 trillion dollars on the desk of the president for all americans to repay at a high interest rate. 1 billion dollars a day for a fact.

OBAMA has stopped the bleeding from what was a near depression of this country after BUSH. 2 wars unpaid, GOP sponsored bills UNPAID, the collapse of the banking industry, the collapse of the housing industry, the collapse of the middle class, and somehow, YOU THINK OBAMA should have had this fixed, corrected and the ship righted in 4 years???

Please, tell me you dont believe this?

Thanks.

Peace

TOS

You can talk all you want, but if you are one of the folks who aren't any better and possibly worse after 4 years , then things need to change.

Have you heard Erskine Bowles praising Ryan...............sensible, honest, etc?

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
No I don't think he should have it totally "fixed" by now but I've seen no signs that 4 more years will change anything.

This isn't worth wasting my time over we have different views I think total free market should reign. You think the government needs to be involved.

Then answer me this..... in 2001, BUSH cut the taxes of the top 1% by 25%, for 10 years, the "FREE MARKET" had its way, so where are the jobs and the new industries??

10 years of tax cuts, and we LOST JOBS and FACTORIES. 10 years of tax cuts and we SHRANK under the "FREE MARKET" while corporations made trillions in profits. 10 years of tax cuts and unemployment rose from 4% to 10.2% in 9 years.

So tell me how the same tax cuts and the "free market" will fix this country??

Peace

TOS

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
You can talk all you want, but if you are one of the folks who aren't any better and possibly worse after 4 years , then things need to change.

Have you heard Erskine Bowles praising Ryan...............sensible, honest, etc?

Worse?? how do you figure?? I bought 2 homes in the last 4 years, 3 motorcycles, 2 new cars, a new dog, and watched my income rise to 105K. How is that worse?

I have money in the bank, my investments are making money and there is no likelyhood of wage cuts for me.

Now, under BUSH, I watched as everyone was getting creamed, jobs gone, businesses closing, restaurants closing and unemployment going through the roof... I dont see that america today.

I see prosperity, I see growth, I see new industries, I see the stock market over 13K, I see corporations making more profits than ever in less than 4 years....

Where do you see it worse??

Unemployment?? its stable, its no longer shedding 750 thousand jobs a month like BUSH was losing. That alone is success. BUSH was bleeding jobs for two straight years and OBAMA has stopped that bleeding.

Peace

TOS

Last edited by a moderator:

Brownslave688

Obama didn't stop anything the recession ran its course. Other than the great depression virtually every downturn has been 12-24 months. It would not have mattered if you or I were running things it would of stopped during the 4 years he was in office.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Obama didn't stop anything the recession ran its course. Other than the great depression virtually every downturn has been 12-24 months. It would not have mattered if you or I were running things it would of stopped during the 4 years he was in office.

So in other words, Recessions fix themselves?? Really?

Peace

TOS