Pay actual/guarantee

kerbinator

I'll probably be signing up to work the day after thanksgiving, and the signup sheet has an option of pay actual or pay guarantee. What's the difference exactly? From my understanding, pay guarantee is paid 8 hrs no matter what. If that's correct, then why would anyone choose pay actual?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Paid guarantee is 8 hours----pay actual is punch to punch.

Why would anyone choose pay actual? Perhaps they have family in town and just want to work a few hours in the morning. Maybe their family is going to spend the day shopping and they will catch up with each other later in the day. It has been a few years since I worked that day but I would also choose pay actual.

You can get your 8 but it may not all be on road-----you may end up working in the bldg after your last stop to get your 8. Pushing a broom, washing package cars, etc.

kerbinator

Paid guarantee is 8 hours----pay actual is punch to punch.

Why would anyone choose pay actual? Perhaps they have family in town and just want to work a few hours in the morning. Maybe their family is going to spend the day shopping and they will catch up with each other later in the day. It has been a few years since I worked that day but I would also choose pay actual.

You can get your 8 but it may not all be on road-----you may end up working in the bldg after your last stop to get your 8. Pushing a broom, washing package cars, etc.

Ohhh I get ya. I was thinking like if you got done in 7 hours or whatever, you'd still get paid for 8, like a normal workday.

If you work 7 and they toss you in the building to get your guarantee of 8 ask the for training on how to operate the broom. You'll get kicked out the door and paid 8 with a payroll adjustment.

superballs63

Well-Known Troll
Troll
If you work 7 and they toss you in the building to get your guarantee of 8 ask the for training on how to operate the broom. You'll get kicked out the door and paid 8 with a payroll adjustment.

Is that because noone in management has been trained on the broom themselves?