pay actual

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
Code 05. Means if you don't take your lunch they don't subtract it from your days pay. Also means that, if you agreed to it, you could not be guaranteed 8 hours under the contract if you are FT.

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
no, i'm a sorter

In our hub Pt also have a guarantee of 4hrs, that's why a sup would ask if you wanted a pay actual so you can't file. It won't be listed on your check as anything special as it's just allowing them to not pay you your guarantee under the payroll system.

mikeny

Service Provider
In our hub Pt also have a guarantee of 4hrs, that's why a sup would ask if you wanted a pay actual so you can't file. It won't be listed on your check as anything special as it's just allowing them to not pay you your guarantee under the payroll system.

so it just means your guaranteed 4 hours even if you work less?

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
should not show up in your check, unless that changed. PT have a guarantee 4 hours in your hub? What makes your hub so special? lol

Sitting here eating lunch and talking to another driver, last we checked part time guys in our hub are guaranteed 3.5 hours. Now this may have changed since a couple contracts ago as both of us have been drivers for 12 years now. This is out of local 728, dunno if it's in our supplement or it's a national thing.

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
You could have some fun with that....ohh I see...actual pay , versus what PT employee worked and sup shaved? Does the paycheck actually have two areas now to maintain integrity? :D

Drivers get a guaranteed 8 hours. Pt is 3.5 last I checked. Let's say I work 7 hours and tell the sup I want my 8, he can either tell me to do something for an hour or he is obligated to pay me one extra hour even after I clock out.

mikeny

Service Provider
well if that's the case, i was working a double and i had worked 3 hours for the first shift and was about to take my break before the 2nd shift and the sup said he was going to just do a 'pay actual' cause they need me to come in an hour earlier for the 2nd shift, for late air.

menotyou

bella amicizia
Now, I understand. You agreed to work for the time you "actually" worked. When waiting for late air, you should be getting paid. Paid to wait. You probably didn't. You don't ever wait for work for free. That is what "pay actual" means. Or, you got hosed.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
Drivers get a guaranteed 8 hours. Pt is 3.5 last I checked. Let's say I work 7 hours and tell the sup I want my 8, he can either tell me to do something for an hour or he is obligated to pay me one extra hour even after I clock out.

I'm well aware as most of 99% of the regulars here. ;) Thanks for correcting yourself though.

P.S. All full-time except less-than-8 hr combo jobs are guaranteed 8 hours, not only drivers.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
Now, I understand. You agreed to work for the time you "actually" worked. When waiting for late air, you should be getting paid. Paid to wait. You probably didn't. You don't ever wait for work for free. That is what "pay actual" means. Or, you got hosed.

We went over this in the other thread...there are cases you can get paid for nothing...I see it on Saturdays and also late am air days .
Fo ex: If you are an 8 hr FT 22.3 with a 1 hour lunch and there is late air in the AM, you get paid to wait. I've had this many times.

Last edited:

mikeny

Service Provider
We went over this in the other thread...there are cases you can get paid for nothing...I see it on Saturdays and also late am air days .
Fo ex: If you are an 8 hr FT 22.3 with a 1 hour lunch and there is late air in the AM, you get paid to wait. I've had this many times.

this happens a lot where i am too. mostly during peak season in the winter when air is always late. we sometimes wait up to an hour just sitting around, pretending to do something, until air arrives. all the while getting paid.