Pay Advice Dated 9/30

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I just went to upsers to check my paystub and noticed it was dated 9/30. I then went to my bank's website to see if it had been credited to my account and it is not there. I would have to assume that the fiscal year for UPS runs from 1 Oct - 30 Sep which would be why they are dating the pay stubs for today but not actually paying us until tomorrow. It's not a big deal by any means--I am simply curious. If anyone has more credible information other than my assumption please post it here. Thank you.

Moneythehardway

Yeah, I noticed this too but in my case when I went to check my bank account the money WAS there. So there might just be a delay with your bank to hold your funds until tomorrow.

Must be because it's the end of the fiscal year that we're getting paid a day early. Has this ever happened before? (Besides getting paid before holidays like thanksgiving/christmas)

Last edited:

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
Even though I've had direct deposit for many years, I still grab my stub on Friday morning and give it to the wife on Fri. night. As long as it's in the account by Sat. all is good.

Pkgrunner

Till I Collapse
Maybe it has something to do with balancing out the number of paydays per quarter......
Or, maybe they have now outsourced the payroll department to a country that is 1 day ahead of the US.... :wink2:

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Even though I've had direct deposit for many years, I still grab my stub on Friday morning and give it to the wife on Fri. night. As long as it's in the account by Sat. all is good.

Do yourself (and the wife) a favor. You can go to upsers Thursday morning and see your paystub. You can print it online for her. This gives you the benefit of being able to correct any payroll errors a day early and gives her two more days (Thursday morning compared to Friday evening) to do the household bills.

I have been paperless direct deposit since they started offering the paperless option. The only stub that I really need is the end of year stub, which I print out. The others I simply review for accuracy and compare the amount to the amount credited to my account.

Give it a try--I think you might like it.

bluehdmc

I found usually I can go to upser after midnite Tues/Wed morning and my pay info is there. Sometimes it's not there until Thurs though, usually weeks with a Mon holiday, sometimes for ???? reasons.
My pay isn't usually in my bank acct until Fri morning though. This morning I checked my acct (for another reason) and the money was there. Yippee!!

I went paperless a couple of years ago, the paystubs used to just collect till I shred them, now I've gone "green"/

paupsman

I just went to upsers to check my paystub and noticed it was dated 9/30. I then went to my bank's website to see if it had been credited to my account and it is not there. I would have to assume that the fiscal year for UPS runs from 1 Oct - 30 Sep which would be why they are dating the pay stubs for today but not actually paying us until tomorrow. It's not a big deal by any means--I am simply curious. If anyone has more credible information other than my assumption please post it here. Thank you.

I noticed to that my check is already deposited into my BOFA checking account this morning.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
Do people get direct deposit a day earlier in some areas? I can check my paystub Thursday, but the money is never actually deposited until Friday morning.

spif91

Last weeks pay plus next weeks vacation check in the bank this morning for me................Thanks "Uncle Buster"

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
Do yourself (and the wife) a favor. You can go to upsers Thursday morning and see your paystub. You can print it online for her. This gives you the benefit of being able to correct any payroll errors a day early and gives her two more days (Thursday morning compared to Friday evening) to do the household bills.

I have been paperless direct deposit since they started offering the paperless option. The only stub that I really need is the end of year stub, which I print out. The others I simply review for accuracy and compare the amount to the amount credited to my account.

Give it a try--I think you might like it.

Thanks. Checked it online many times. Usually when I forget to bring the stub home or when she's heading out of town with the girls shopping and needs to know what she can blow at the malls. I've never had the boss bring up the paperless option. Can that be initiated on the website?

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
Do people get direct deposit a day earlier in some areas? I can check my paystub Thursday, but the money is never actually deposited until Friday morning.
Mine is available 12am thursday, and not in my acct til Friday. Today it was in my account on Thurs. If you get the total paycard thing it is thursday. Dont know why, it was there.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
Thanks. Checked it online many times. Usually when I forget to bring the stub home or when she's heading out of town with the girls shopping and needs to know what she can blow at the malls. I've never had the boss bring up the paperless option. Can that be initiated on the website?
Yes you can do it online, at upsers.

bluehdmc

Yes you can do it online, at upsers.

You have to choose that you don't want the pay advice mailed to you. I don't understand that part since the checks are in the dispatch office, but if you choose not to get them mailed they're only online.