Pay and Benefits

Discussion in 'UPS Freight' started by russellkw, Jul 16, 2008.

1. russellkw

russellkw New Member

I got a call from UPS Freight asking me if I was still interested in a driver position after I applied several times on the website. She asked if I had a Hazmat. I said no but was fixing to get one. She told me to get my Hazmat endorsement and call her back. I have a few questions about being a Full time city driver for UPS Freight. I want to know what the pay is starting out and what the benefits are. Hope someone can help. Thanks.

Russell

2. OldUPSDriver

OldUPSDriver New Member

When you call her back, ask her what you wish to know.

3. Guaranteed 8

Guaranteed 8 Brothers first!

Starting pay- Dock-14.63
    City-15.05

Seniority- 45 working days-Dock-15.63
    City-16.13

12 months-dock-16.72
    city-17.20

24 months-dock-18.81
    city-19.35

36 months-dock-top day 7-1-11-23.80
    city-24.40
    Plus-.85 cents in 2012 and .90 cents in 2013

4. russellkw

russellkw New Member

How much do they pay on the mile this year? How many miles does a full time city driver generally drive a week? Just a guess. I just like to figure out what kind of pay I can expect.

5. bobs barricade tester

bobs barricade tester Ups freight

Does it matter what you start out at, we are the highest paid LTL company out there with some if not the best benefits.

6. russellkw

russellkw New Member

Yes, it does matter what I start out at. I didn't know UPS Freight was the highest paid LTL. Honestly, $15 an hour doesn't sound like as much as I thought they paid. I had heard from others they paid more but I guess they gave me incorrect information. I just like to be prepared, so I wanted to know what the starting pay was. My wife and I are hoping to buy a house within the next year and I want to know what kind of loan I can afford if I get this job. I very much want to work with UPS because I know they have some great benefits, although I wasn't sure if UPS Freight had the same benefits that UPS has. I've heard UPS is a great company to work for, and though I would've preferred to be a package delivery driver, I am more than happy to be a driver for UPS Freight. If I get this job I plan on sticking with this company until retirement.

7. Guaranteed 8

Guaranteed 8 Brothers first!

If you are in it for the long run, then don't buy the house just yet. It will take you at least 3 years to establish a permanent spot, free from the fear of layoffs.:peaceful:

8. russellkw

russellkw New Member

Thanks for the advice. That's good to keep in mind.

9. PADriver5

PADriver5 New Member

I beg to disagree!!! 3+years to get to top pay. Meanwhile you work for slave wages? If you are independently wealthy I guess you can wait 3+ years to make a decent wage. Not me!

10. PADriver5

PADriver5 New Member

DONT DO IT!!!! I had the same philosophy as you! I was wrong. I though UPS Freight was an elite job to get. Not so. Just like any other trucking job. Peanuts for pay for the first 3 years and constantly looking over your shoulder worried about someone taking your job. Not to mention putting up with union *********s. I had a question the other day and approached someone. He looked at me and said I can't talk to you about work cause I am off the clock. You gotta be kidding me!!!! I asked him a question that would have taken him 2 seconds to answer. This environment is NOT for me!!!!

Also get used to walking around like a zombie after working the graveyard shift for the rest of your life.

11. City Driver

City Driver New Member

7-1-2013 pay will be 26.10 an hour

if you get hired now you will be done with the 3 year progression before that

but go ahead and turn it down, thats fine, its not like theres millions of people out of work begging for $12 an hour jobs right now or anything

12. PADriver5

PADriver5 New Member

Not a problem for me finding a GOOD paying job with a driving record of 1.5 million safe miles. I can call 10 companies tomorrow that would hire me in a second...all paying more than UPS Freight. All of them have a 401k than they match a percentage of also. What does brown have to offer?