Pay check

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by whome, Nov 20, 2012.

1. whome

whome Member

Do we get paid on wednesday or friday this week?
  2. tre305

tre305 Member

Tomorrow if you get a live check, Thursday if you have direct deposit....or so I was told
  3. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Very proud grandfather.

Make sure to check the date on the paycheck that you receive tomorrow---I would be willing to bet that it will be dated for Friday.
  4. Johney

Johney Raise your hand if you think Upstate is a D-Bag

This is how it is here, except direct deposit goes in midnight on Thursday I believe.
  5. Paycheck

Paycheck New Member

Take it from paycheck you'll get it tomorrow.
  6. texan

texan Well-Known Member

This has been a discussion at my workplace also.

Truthfully, we all just do not know.

It has not been announced by payroll that we can find.

Guess we will all know soon.

We have some that have direct deposit to a credit union that posts early, and some post later with
    other banks on the normal yearly cycle.

I have seen, right before a quarter ends, an early deposit, but this one has not been shared.

Only people in payroll, and the UPS Comptroller knows for sure, this holiday cycle.

7. Scottyhawk

Scottyhawk What is it? A brown box. Duh

My bank will post direct deposit midnight and it will show thursday morning
  8. Anonymous 10

Anonymous 10 Guest

You will receive your check tomorrow and it will be dated 11/23.
  9. UpstateNYUPSer

10. brownmonster

brownmonster Man of Great Wisdom

You survive every other week getting paid Friday. This week is no different.
  11. texan

texan Well-Known Member

Checked bank on line 11/21/212 No deposit.
    I was not needing it, but a few of my younger peers are all hyped up for Black Friday I guess.
  12. edd_tv

edd_tv Cardboard picker upper

It's not showing on the upsers site for me.
  13. Dracula

Dracula Package Car is cake compared to this...

It's always like this on short, holiday weeks. The people who get paper checks, get theirs on the short day. You wouldn't think you would be at a disadvantage by going direct deposit, but this is the one case where it is a disadvantage. Your check will post around midnight Thursday night. That is why the banks have it as 11/23.
  14. brownmonster

If you have to get a check in order to go shopping on Black Friday, you shouldn't be shopping.
  15. Dracula

Dracula Package Car is cake compared to this...

OK, let them know when you approve of their shopping times. I'm sure they're holding their breath until you give them your approval.
  16. Justaname

Justaname Member

Very true.
  17. DownSouthUPS

DownSouthUPS Member

My check has been deposited into my account!! It was posted around 9 tonight.
  18. UpstateNYUPSer

Those without direct deposit may have their check in hand and can deposit them but if they want to cash them they will have to wait until tomorrow (Friday) as the checks are dated for Friday.

brownmonster makes a good point but seems to have forgotten what it was like to be in his early 20's and living paycheck to paycheck.
  19. brownmonster

If you are living paycheck to paycheck the last thing on your mind should be Black Friday deals on 65 inch TVs and and Smart Phones. That being said, the 65 incher I picked up last year will work great for the games today.
  20. texan

texan Well-Known Member

You are 100 percent correct.
    By the way, my direct deposit posted also today.
    No special plans, I am not bying nothing special this week.