Pay check

Kae3106

All of the payrolls were completed by Tuesday afternoon. Live checks were printed and shipped out by Tuesday evening. Direct deposit information was transmitted to UPS' bank who distributes it to all of the banks used by employees. For those of you who have a normal Thursday check date, your checks and deposits will be dated for Wednesday because Thursday was a banking holiday. For those of you who have a normal Friday check date, your checks and deposits will be dated for Friday because Friday is not a banking holiday. Sometimes, individual banks will choose to make the deposits available a little before the actual date since they already have the information but that is up to the bank, not UPS.

S

serenity now

All of the payrolls were completed by Tuesday afternoon. Live checks were printed and shipped out by Tuesday evening. Direct deposit information was transmitted to UPS' bank who distributes it to all of the banks used by employees. For those of you who have a normal Thursday check date, your checks and deposits will be dated for Wednesday because Thursday was a banking holiday. For those of you who have a normal Friday check date, your checks and deposits will be dated for Friday because Friday is not a banking holiday. Sometimes, individual banks will choose to make the deposits available a little before the actual date since they already have the information but that is up to the bank, not UPS.

this is a breath of fresh air, someone who actually knows what they are talking about

Kae3106

this is a breath of fresh air, someone who actually knows what they are talking about

Aww! Thanks! I'll try to answer these things when I see them. I'm happy to answer generic payroll or W-2 timing questions. Anything that involves specifics, of course, will have to go through the official channels but I may be able to point people in the right direction.