Pay close attention to your checks....

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by screamin chicken, Sep 27, 2014.

1. I sometimes Preload, and then run my route, and when I do they dispatch me with a on road 10 or reg. day, so its like a 12 plus day, I started to noitice that when Im on preload my pay drops to almost 2 dollars an hr less then my reg pay, I am not laid off , im ask to do this extra work, I also write down everyday I on the rd, preload, I was also cut short of 2 hrs. of bonus pay, make you wonder how many people just get there checks and not look at it ....
  2. bleedinbrown58

bleedinbrown58 mouth breathers...everywhere

They will short preload checks in a heartbeat if they think they can get away with it.
  3. oldngray

oldngray nowhere special

in a New York minute?
  4. I keep a notebook.write down my start and finish times.
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  5. bleedinbrown58

Yup...I keep track of my hours daily in my phone..many people don't though.
  6. Ive track all my hrs in a log book for yrs...
  7. TheOneTheyDontLike

TheOneTheyDontLike New Member

My manager doesn't like me; when my checks start coming up short I start filing grievances and requesting that every member be provided with forms to keep track of our hours. (It is part of our contract).

It would seem paper costs too much money.
  8. Mr Shifter

Mr Shifter Active Member

If you start to violate DOT hours payroll will have your time adjusted before your you leave the company parking lot on your way home.
  9. upsbeernut

upsbeernut Sometimes I feel like a nut, sometimes i dont.

Preload hours are monitored very closely almost insanely unjustified. Even when the volume is high they start a little later and right before we leave the cages go turbo and the driver finishes it. We leave later, get paid more cause we are out later but the loader goes home early. Im not complaining , just wondering why.
  10. oldngray

oldngray nowhere special

UPS economics. Send a loader home and pay a driver 3x as much to finish.
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  11. bleedinbrown58

Production...and it's magical math world where 1+1=4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  12. retiredTxfeeder

retiredTxfeeder cap'n crunch

Step over a dollar to pick up a nickel. They have always been that way. And they're always right, dammit! lol.
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  13. 1989

1989 Well-Known Member

No, send the loader home at the drivers start time. Why pay two people to do one job?
  14. UpsAngel

UpsAngel Member

In my center people take pictures of their time when they punch out or write it in our union book.
  15. UpsAngel

UpsAngel Member

Um because its the preloaders job?
  16. 1989

1989 Well-Known Member

No it's not, it's bargaining unit work.
  17. Brownslave688

Brownslave688 You want a toe? I can get you a toe.

The point is just give the preloader enough time to finish at $10 an hour than pay the driver $50 an hour to finish loading.
  18. bleedinbrown58

Then get done before the drivers' start times.
  19. 1989

1989 Well-Known Member

That is a separate issue. At the end of the preload (drivers start time) preloaders go home.
  20. Box Ox

Box Ox Would rather be driving an E-frame

Sounds like you're being punched in as a 3C (ground + preload) or similar which I think does tend to pay a little less hourly than a 4C (temp driver full day, no preload).

As far as bonus pay goes, I don't think you can make bonus unless you're a full time permanent driver.