Pay Code Changed

35years

Gravy route
Where I am, an hour is taken out for lunch whether you put one in or not. But you're still 06 and bonus accordingly. Never heard of being switched to 05 on a weekday. And I'm in a RTW state.
This practice was stopped nationwide after the California lawsuit. The drivers in your area are due a very large back-pay check if UPS continued to take out unused lunch all these years. A very big no-no. If you don't want back-pay an anonymous call to corporate should shut this down immediately.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
Dispatch was set in the AM and clearly spelled out during the PCM. The OP thought he could burn through his day and still get his 8.

As always....

It helps to know your supplemental language.

The company can (and does) say anything they want, at the PCM.

That doesn't make it gospel.

Changing an employee's pay code....

Without knowledge or approval of the employee, can be considered dishonesty.

An issue, UPS Security should be involved with.

I don't care how "smart" some management people think they are....

Time card edits, can't be covered up.

-Bug-

ManInBrown

I'm not saying it's right, that a driver should have to ask for more work if wanting their guarantee. What I'm saying is with all the shady stuff they do, does anyone really think they wouldn't attempt to not pay the guarantee?

MC0493

Spoke to steward this morning, he told me if i was not asked/told to go back out/do more work then I am owed my guarantee. Apparently it was changed by someone in ie, not locally.

35years

Gravy route
Spoke to steward this morning, he told me if i was not asked/told to go back out/do more work then I am owed my guarantee. Apparently it was changed by someone in ie, not locally.
We had the same exact situation here.
Steward told the driver to file.
B.A. would not press it because the announcement at PCM was considered asking if any wanted the 8 hour guarantee, and their intention to work drivers less than 8.
I hope your experience goes better.

Just be aware if you win your grievance, all the other drivers who want less than 8 on those type of days will probably not be given the opportunity in the future because of you filing...Your choice though. Personally I would have just spoke up at PCM time.

El Correcto

god is dead
This practice was stopped nationwide after the California lawsuit. The drivers in your area are due a very large back-pay check if UPS continued to take out unused lunch all these years. A very big no-no. If you don't want back-pay an anonymous call to corporate should shut this down immediately.
Have enough balls to put your name on it. Surely a company that breaks labor laws wouldn't stoop so low as to retaliate against an employee with harassment and intimidation. ;)