Pay for Christmas week

iowa boy

My paycheck is posted on UPSer's and dated for the 24th. My check usually posts to my (wifes) account shortly after midnight on Friday mornings. And my bank is open til noon on Friday so I know it will be there regardless of the holiday.

bluehdmc

As far as I know Friday is a regular banking day. I bank with a credit union the lobby will be open till 2:00pm and the drive up until 5. That's about a 2 hour earlier closing than normal.

UPSER110

My guess is UPS will advance the paychecks one day since we are closed Christmas day. Either way your money will be available on Friday.

cynic

My guess is UPS will advance the paychecks one day since we are closed Christmas day. Either way your money will be available on Friday.

Wait, Christmas is on a Wednesday this year - 2013. Paychecks would be for Friday, December 27th.

'Lord Brown's bidding'

Haha yeah Christmas was on a Friday in 2010, I didn't even look, but why did this get bumped up, APettyJ?

Because...in time for Halloween...IT'S COME BACK FROM THE DEAD!!!

Actually, to get it (and the others I BROUGHT BACK FRO-er, bumped) closer to top, in the hopes that seasonal hires will post their questions here, rather than make "the same thread" over, and over, and over again because they are "unable" to look past the first or second page of threads.

I know this one won't be needed for sometime, but since I found it like 70(!) pages back, I figured I'd bump it now, so in late Nov it'll only be 10 pages back, when we can bump it again.

browniehound

Has anyone noticed that if the last day of the quarter falls on a Thursday our paychecks are dated for that Thursday and deposit on that day and not Friday? This was the case in 2010. My money was there on Thursday morning and not Friday on those weeks. I'm assuming UPS does this for accounting purposes. It was nice to have the money a day earlier and I'm guessing this won't happen again until 2017 (last day of quarter falling on a Thursday). Has anyone else noticed this?

Kae3106

Has anyone noticed that if the last day of the quarter falls on a Thursday our paychecks are dated for that Thursday and deposit on that day and not Friday? This was the case in 2010. My money was there on Thursday morning and not Friday on those weeks. I'm assuming UPS does this for accounting purposes. It was nice to have the money a day earlier and I'm guessing this won't happen again until 2017 (last day of quarter falling on a Thursday). Has anyone else noticed this?

You are correct. That was an intentional change made for accounting purposes.