Pay for Play....Ups vs FedEx dispute up for sale

UnconTROLLed

perfection
What exactly are the "ideals" that you are referring to? It seems that Mr. Smith has bought every loophole that the company has. Hasn't it been proven over and over again that you aren't really a Fedex courier? I used to think that you may be an operations manager, but you don't really know enough about operations for that to be true. So now I think that you are probably a sales rep or a low level PR person for Fedex. If you have any ideals you should be honest about what you are and not pose as someone in a different position than you hold.

FedEx 4 life = plant set forth by FedEx.

Much like the posts on brownfailout.com by "upsers" are not actually upsers, they are FedEx people posing as UPSers trying to make us look bad.

Much the same way as scam websites selling services that have fake forums or blogs on their products or services that only have positive responses to lure people into pulling their wallets out.

Sad, sad campaign.

tieguy

Banned

Much like the posts on brownfailout.com by "upsers" are not actually upsers, they are FedEx people posing as UPSers trying to make us look bad.

Much the same way as scam websites selling services that have fake forums or blogs on their products or services that only have positive responses to lure people into pulling their wallets out.

Sad, sad campaign.

It is that. Its really odd for a major corporation to run such a grade school publicity campaign.

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
At 2 a.m. in Memphis, where FedEx is headquartered, the airport is humming as FedEx sorts and dispatches many of the 3.4 million packages -- 10 million pounds of freight -- it ships daily, mostly with its fleet of 654 aircraft. Eighty-five percent of FedEx packages go by air; 85 percent of UPS's go only by truck. This matters because:

In 1936, airlines were brought under the RLA. FedEx, which began as an air freight company and created the modern express business, is precisely the sort of integrated system for which the RLA was written. This matters: 53 percent of all U.S. exports by value travel by air, and virtually all priority and express U.S. mail is carried by FedEx.

In 1981, UPS began air services, and in the 1990s it tried, legislatively and judicially, to be put under the RLA. In 1993 UPS said all of its operations, "including ground operations," are properly subject to the RLA "because the ground operations are part of the air service." FedEx supportedUPS's efforts, even though the vast majority of UPS parcels never go on an airplane, whereas FedEx's trucking operations exist to feed its air fleet and distribute what it carries.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2009/07/15/AR2009071502498.html

The preceding excerpts are from the Smith public relations machine. And I am sure Mr Will got nothing in return for his support of this advertisement that is supposed to be passed off as an OP ED piece.

I do find it interesting that "This matters: 53 percent of all U.S. exports by value travel by air, and virtually all priority and express U.S. mail is carried by FedEx." and the "FedEx supportedUPS's efforts" to fall under the RLA.

Nothing like mouthpieces to write propaganda for you.

Smith is in the corner, and he knows it. And like the nice guy he is, he is willing to do anything to keep the situation like it is.

d

705red

Browncafe Steward
At 2 a.m. in Memphis, where FedEx is headquartered, the airport is humming as FedEx sorts and dispatches many of the 3.4 million packages -- 10 million pounds of freight -- it ships daily, mostly with its fleet of 654 aircraft. Eighty-five percent of FedEx packages go by air; 85 percent of UPS's go only by truck. This matters because:

In 1936, airlines were brought under the RLA. FedEx, which began as an air freight company and created the modern express business, is precisely the sort of integrated system for which the RLA was written. This matters: 53 percent of all U.S. exports by value travel by air, and virtually all priority and express U.S. mail is carried by FedEx.

In 1981, UPS began air services, and in the 1990s it tried, legislatively and judicially, to be put under the RLA. In 1993 UPS said all of its operations, "including ground operations," are properly subject to the RLA "because the ground operations are part of the air service." FedEx supportedUPS's efforts, even though the vast majority of UPS parcels never go on an airplane, whereas FedEx's trucking operations exist to feed its air fleet and distribute what it carries.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2009/07/15/AR2009071502498.html

The preceding excerpts are from the Smith public relations machine. And I am sure Mr Will got nothing in return for his support of this advertisement that is supposed to be passed off as an OP ED piece.

I do find it interesting that "This matters: 53 percent of all U.S. exports by value travel by air, and virtually all priority and express U.S. mail is carried by FedEx." and the "FedEx supportedUPS's efforts" to fall under the RLA.

Nothing like mouthpieces to write propaganda for you.

Smith is in the corner, and he knows it. And like the nice guy he is, he is willing to do anything to keep the situation like it is.

d
Everyone here should reply in an email to George Will who wrote this article and ask him to stick to the facts. I hace already responded myself.

Heres his email link.

[email protected]

FedEx courier

Sad, sad campaign.

Your exactly right and it's so obvious that's happening. I just hope it becomes well known somehow that the brownbailout sight is totally controlled/manipulated media and they are basically posting under different names and claiming to be UPS employees and fedex employees. It is already under fire by conservative groups which is surpising but refreshing, check it out if you havn't seen it yet:
http://www.politico.com/static/PPM130_feex_letter.html
I hope just hope these groups are also aware that brownbailout.com is only allowing posts that serve their needs and obviously posting many of the comments themselves.Maybe it would be a good idea to contact some of these groups and point that out? People like "fedex 4 life" aren't really even worth giving negative attention to because they are so transparent it isn't even funny!

UnconTROLLed

perfection
Your exactly right and it's so obvious that's happening. I just hope it becomes well known somehow that the brownbailout sight is totally controlled/manipulated media and they are basically posting under different names and claiming to be UPS employees and fedex employees. It is already under fire by conservative groups which is surpising but refreshing, check it out if you havn't seen it yet:
http://www.politico.com/static/PPM130_feex_letter.html
I hope just hope these groups are also aware that brownbailout.com is only allowing posts that serve their needs and obviously posting many of the comments themselves.Maybe it would be a good idea to contact some of these groups and point that out? People like "fedex 4 life" aren't really even worth giving negative attention to because they are so transparent it isn't even funny!

Yep, I was thinking that from Day1 about how to inform other outlets of the misleading website and commentary.

The internet sure is a wonderful tool, ain't it?

FedEx courier

Yep, I was thinking that from Day1 about how to inform other outlets of the misleading website and commentary.

The internet sure is a wonderful tool, ain't it?

Yeah I think your right, if anyone wants to get involved here are the contacts for the groups that wrote the letter to Fred S(http://www.politico.com/static/PPM130_feex_letter.html) minus the ACU which claims that Keene doesn't represent the way they feel about brownbailout being misleading. These are a list of the contacts I could find.
contacts:

Frontiers of Freedom email- [email protected]
60 plus- http://www.60plus.org/contact.asp
Americans for tax reform- http://www.atr.org/index.php?content=contact
Citizens outreach email- [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][email protected][/FONT]
National Taxpayers Union email- [email protected]
SBE council- http://www.sbecouncil.org/contact/

:happy2:

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Everyone here should reply in an email to George Will who wrote this article and ask him to stick to the facts. I hace already responded myself.

Heres his email link.

[email protected]

I've always respected George Will, but his article is such a patronizing piece of garbage that he needs to be called onto the carpet and slapped. It makes me wonder if he and Smith are personal friends. Aren't "good" journalists supposed to do proper research? Sorry, George, but you are kissing some major purple butt...why?

Please ask him to interview me or any of the other thousands of FedEx employees who look at Smith and FedEx from a slightly different perspective. There are plenty of Conservative FedEx workers who also hate Smith and his tactics.

FedEX 4 Life

Please ask him to interview me or any of the other thousands of FedEx employees who look at Smith and FedEx from a slightly different perspective. There are plenty of Conservative FedEx workers who also hate Smith and his tactics.
Yeah i hate Fred S for giving me a job.And although i make less money then a UPS driver,my job is 100 times easier with no stress.Yes Fred S!!! I want my job to be hard like UPS.I want to be tracked,i want to be watched at all times by sups.I want to lose all my cruise and airline discounts.I hate the fact that I can transfer my job to anywhere in the country.I'd rather have to quit and get re-hired.I also hate getting 75% off of shipping.Id rather pay full price for all the stuff I sell on ebay.I hate having A/C in my truck.I hate have an automatic transmission,i want a big manual one.I hate the fact that im part time but still get all the same benefits and pay of a full timer.I hate the fact that I love my job.I want to hate it.I want to be miserable.I hate the laid back atmosphere at my station,I want it to be hectic and stressful.

I hate you Fred.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Yeah i hate Fred S for giving me a job.And although i make less money then a UPS driver,my job is 100 times easier with no stress.Yes Fred S!!! I want my job to be hard like UPS.I want to be tracked,i want to be watched at all times by sups.I want to lose all my cruise and airline discounts.I hate the fact that I can transfer my job to anywhere in the country.I'd rather have to quit and get re-hired.I also hate getting 75% off of shipping.Id rather pay full price for all the stuff I sell on ebay.I hate having A/C in my truck.I hate have an automatic transmission,i want a big manual one.I hate the fact that im part time but still get all the same benefits and pay of a full timer.I hate the fact that I love my job.I want to hate it.I want to be miserable.I hate the laid back atmosphere at my station,I want it to be hectic and stressful.

I hate you Fred.

MMMMMMMNNNNNNN! Kiss that butt!! If you need more proof this clown doesn't really work for FedEx consider his comment about not being watched or tracked by sups at FedEx. The PowerPad is just like a DIAD. Everything you do is tracked, scrutinized and then evaluated to see if you can be made more "productive". Overall, very few FedEx trucks in the fleet have AC, and when it breaks, they don't fix it. Just ask our RTD's. A "laid-back" atmosphere, at FedEx? Sorry....no such thing.

Do you know why FedEx trucks (except CTV's) are all automatics? Because most of our drivers cannot handle a manual transmission. I had heard a few years back that they were considering manuals but gave up because they feared rollaways and a road full of broken rear-ends and burnt-out clutches.

By the way, a real FedEx employee would be terminated for shipping eBay sales via the employee discount. Totally against policy. An employee would probably be aware of that. Caught again FedEx4Life. Keep trying...

FedEX 4 Life

The PowerPad is just like a DIAD. Everything you do is tracked, scrutinized and then evaluated to see if you can be made more "productive". Overall, very few FedEx trucks in the fleet have AC, and when it breaks, they don't fix it. Just ask our RTD's.
Power pad is similar to the diad and we are scrutinized but we are not TRACKED and we are not terminated for excessive breaks.Theres is something out there called traffic.Also no there are not fedex mangers driving aorund in thier car looking to catch drivers.My station has 8 hybrid trucks and 1 sprinter adn yes they all have a/c baby.

A "laid-back" atmosphere, at FedEx? Sorry....no such thing.

Wow you know what every Fedex station is like?My station is a retirement home for Fedex so perhaps my opinion is very bias.Bunch of olds guys with 4 digit employee numbers and yes my station is very laid back.I dont see anything wrong with using my account for ebay,its still personal use,not business.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Power pad is similar to the diad and we are scrutinized but we are not TRACKED and we are not terminated for excessive breaks.Theres is something out there called traffic.Also no there are not fedex mangers driving aorund in thier car looking to catch drivers.My station has 8 hybrid trucks and 1 sprinter adn yes they all have a/c baby.

Wow you know what every Fedex station is like?My station is a retirement home for Fedex so perhaps my opinion is very bias.Bunch of olds guys with 4 digit employee numbers and yes my station is very laid back.I dont see anything wrong with using my account for ebay,its still personal use,not business.

Dude, you are a complete fake.