Pay messed up.

Thebrownstreak

So I got my paycheck today for last week. I was expecting a huge paycheck since I had worked 59.57 hours. I'm at top rate. Talked to our oms guy who does our payroll last Friday and he said my gross should have been around $2400. Well instead of being paid 30.92/hr they paid me 16.10/hr. So needless to say my paycheck I grossed somewhere near 1200. So my question is what is to be done. Has anyone else been shorted on their pay. What's the best way to rectify this situation.

chevyman05

Sounds like you need someone else to do your pay because at $30.92 with 59.57 hrs its only $2144.45 not $2400. Id get your oms guy a calculator for christmas

JonFrum

$16.10 is the rate for a New Hire Package Car Driver.

Contract Article 17 addresses paycheck shortages, if simply asking for a payroll correction doesn't do the trick.

menotyou

bella amicizia
So I got my paycheck today for last week. I was expecting a huge paycheck since I had worked 59.57 hours. I'm at top rate. Talked to our oms guy who does our payroll last Friday and he said my gross should have been around $2400. Well instead of being paid 30.92/hr they paid me 16.10/hr. So needless to say my paycheck I grossed somewhere near 1200. So my question is what is to be done. Has anyone else been shorted on their pay. What's the best way to rectify this situation.
Speak with your on-car and center manager. If they don't rectify the situation with a 'green' check-next day, you can grieve. If you are willing to wait til next Friday, you can do that, too. If they don't rectify still, double pay grieve.
I'm sure Nancy will come on here and tell us all his version of the NANCY SAYS THIS IS CORRECT.
I'm just telling you what you can do according to the contract. Doub;e pay is the penalty the pay for ruining your week with the pay of a newbie, and for any inconvenience that this 'mistake' may have caused.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

"I'm at top rate" means little if we don't know what his classification is. I think the more important question is what was his hourly rate in the prior week's paycheck, assuming he did the same work that week as he did this week.

This is why I am paperless direct deposit. I go to upsers.com Thursday mornings to check my paystub. If I notice what I think is an error I print out the paystub, highlight the error and give it to my on-car, who then processes a payroll inquiry. If there is an error I request a green check. I can count the number of payroll errors I have had in my 23 years on one hand and have some fingers left over.

To the OP--if there was an error on the pay rate that was used I would request a green check be issued for Saturday NDA delivery.

Last edited:

menotyou

bella amicizia
I've already completed progression. Sorry it's early and my brain hasn't woken up
How? I went FT in July of 09'. I was a cover driver/air driver for years before this. The guy hired the dame day as me, went FT at the same time as me,also a cover driver for years, has the same pay rate(when I;m not on comp). I won't complete progression until Nov. 2012. This is NY.

rocket man

$16.10 is the rate for a New Hire Package Car Driver.

Contract Article 17 addresses paycheck shortages, if simply asking for a payroll correction doesn't do the trick.
article 17 griievance i was short on pay i want to fixed remedy i want a check and all paypenalitys . also on a pay diffrence that much. i would 100 pct call the 800 number make a complaint (mangers are screwing with time card s i think to make there hours look diffrent and they are using me and my familys money to do it. i want it looked into now . and i would write a separate letter( this is not a grievance ). a letter of concern about your pay shortage and how its gonna effect you personely . the letter of concern goes to shop union rep he willl get it to union that goes to corparate these type letter work, compliant line 1 800220 4126 dont let them slide ,

Last edited:

UPSGUY72

Sounds like you need someone else to do your pay because at $30.92 with 59.57 hrs its only $2144.45 not $2400. Id get your oms guy a calculator for christmas

Maybe you need a calculator.

60 hrs work would be like 70 hrs straight time. In my area I know the tenth hr is paid a triple time as it is considered a time bonus so that another 7.5 hours of straight time pay.

77.5 hrs X $30 = $2325 which is around $2400.

Last edited: