pay progression question

Hey everyone! I am new here and I need to find some information on pay progression. I started FT MArch 2006 and I understand that the new pay progression is going to be 3 yrs. I believe I am grandfathered in on the old contract that is 2 and 1/2 yrs. Is this correct? That would make my top out sept 08. can anyone confirm this because I do not understand the contract wording and it is unclear to me?? thanks in advance for your help!!!

Braveheart

You are under old contract. Do yourself a favor. Pretend as if you are not getting that big raise in September. Instead take that 1/2 that raise money and pay off any debt you have as fast as you can. Take the other 1/2 of the money and either put into your 401K or your own bank. PLAN for your future beyond UPS. Whether it is retirement or starting your own business.

Do not become a prisoner to the job. Live within your means and have the means to walk away on you terms. Too many drivers have houses they can barely afford as well as fancy cars and boats to boot. Get disability insurance if you can. Our disability does not pay very much. I had a friend that was lucky enough to have it and it came in very handy when he had a real bad on job injury.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Braveheart gave good advice both on saving your raise and disability insurance. I try to increase my 401k the size of my raise, if possible. All you do is mutliply the raise by the avg hours worked per week, add that to your avg weekly gross and then calculate the percentage increase in your avg weekly take home and increase your deferral by that number. A $.35 raise would probably equate to a 1-2% bump.

Disability insurance is a must, IMO. I have Combined and, no, I do not work for Combined part-time, although you may think otherwise from my previous posts on this subject. I have accident and sickness policies and are covered 24/7 for about $100/month. Payments for work related injuries are in addition to any workers comp payments. Payments for all ER visits are $300 and are in addition to whatever the insurance pays.

Plan now while your income is steady for retirement. Social Security should be viewed as supplemental at best.