Pay Raise

over9five

Staff member
Shhhhhh......
Satellite, use your Jedi moderator power and delete him out of the forum....

(I won't tell!)

NO, use your power for GOOD, never evil, young padiwan!

satellitedriver

Well then kind sir, regardless your point makes no sense, numbers based, word based, or in sum. If my grandma had balls she'd be my grandpa. Swaying numbers to fit your ideas after the fact is something management would try! Be honest and call a rose a rose: 65%-35%, which is roughly the final vote count, is hardly a slim minority voting no.
If UPS was going to take 35% of your pay, you wouldn't call that a slim deduction, either.
Of course we can add in the 40% of people that didn't vote to exaggerate our point. How about we add those that did not vote as NO votes, instead of YES as you did? Then suddenly the yes votes are a slim minority! Classic.
Have a good day.
A classic mis-application of logic, on your part, sir.
Thanks, I did (finally) have a great day.

longlunchguy

Runnin on Empty
IWorkAsDirected... sometimes I jump in here just to watch a good slap fight. Just say the word contract and SOMEDODY'S panties will be in a twist!!!!!!!!!!

Pollocknbrown

This is NOT ACCURATE.

The first half of the 08 raise is due on AUG 1 2008, there is NO other monies coming in 08. IN FEB 09, the other half of the .75 cents owed for 08 will be implemented.

So, simply put, AUG 08 37.5 cents then in FEB 09 37.5 cents then in AUG 09 37.5 cents.. and so on and so on..

Lets get it straight please.

Peace:peaceful:

(iworkasdirected, your post demonstrates the lack of participation in serious matters like contracts and the reason bad contracts get passed.)

as MR B.S. said..... THIS IS NOT ACCURATE

you will only get 35 cents on Aug 1 08 and another 35 on Feb 1 09 (totalling 70 cents, the total raise for the first year of the contract) unless 37.5 x 2 = 70?

Lets get it straight

(brownshark, your post demonstrates the lack of participation in serious matters like contracts and the reason bad contracts get passed.) :P

as MR B.S. said..... THIS IS NOT ACCURATE

you will only get 35 cents on Aug 1 08 and another 35 on Feb 1 09 (totalling 70 cents, the total raise for the first year of the contract) unless 37.5 x 2 = 70?

Lets get it straight

(brownshark, your post demonstrates the lack of participation in serious matters like contracts and the reason bad contracts get passed.) :P

I received a letter from UPS during the voting period that stated we would earn $1.20 more by February 2009. Anyone else see/remember this mailout?