Pay raises

What are peoples thought's on the way they explained the raise's this July. Funny how they gave the raise's on Jan. 1st, and last July 1st, when they were on a thursday and tuesday. Now they are to start on the week following the 1st? Thoughts anyone?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

What are peoples thought's on the way they explained the raise's this July. Funny how they gave the raise's on Jan. 1st, and last July 1st, when they were on a thursday and tuesday. Now they are to start on the week following the 1st? Thoughts anyone?

I assume that this is being done for accounting purposes as it would be easier than having to compute pay based upon 2 different wages for the same week.

I would also be curious as to how much money this will save the company.

hondo

promoted to mediocrity
Please forgive the lateness of my reply,

That is the way it is worded in the model master agreement that I read here: http://tdu.org/files/Final_MASTER_MODEL_080326_0.pdf . "... implemented in the first pay period in January ... first pay period after July 1 ..." (Article 26). Unless your local negotiated different language, the way you describe the raise last month would appear to be contractually correct.

I assume that this is being done for accounting purposes as it would be easier than having to compute pay based upon 2 different wages for the same week. ...

Just because it's easier, does that make it right? It isn't all that difficult. I looked back at every pay check where I received a raise during the work week. Even the week I had 4 different rates was easy enough to understand (2 different regular rates, 2 different OT rates). [I'm employed at UPS parcel]

they well save alot more then they pay the man that figured it out

I wonder if they fired whoever gave the previous raises on July 1, 2008 and January 1, 2009?