Pay Raises?

XFILED

Anybody hear anything about raises??
Our Sr.Mgr said he hasn't heard anything...
I wonder why they are being so quiet about them..

SmithBarney

Despite RECORD profits, we were told that our district didn't make numbers so the payout might not happen.

as for raises, in the last 5 years, raises have been applied 5 different ways(including one year with no raises)
I can't believe this company has made it this way for so long, how can you not have a standard operation procedure
for raises, we have "best practices" for everything else. I guess the best practice for raises, is "keep em guessin"
Nearly every other company I know of has a SOP for raises..

vantexan

Despite RECORD profits, we were told that our district didn't make numbers so the payout might not happen.

as for raises, in the last 5 years, raises have been applied 5 different ways(including one year with no raises)
I can't believe this company has made it this way for so long, how can you not have a standard operation procedure
for raises, we have "best practices" for everything else. I guess the best practice for raises, is "keep em guessin"
Nearly every other company I know of has a SOP for raises..

The raises we got last year were supposed to be the start of a new raise system given every March. Three should be info posted in the station explaining it.

SmithBarney

The raises we got last year were supposed to be the start of a new raise system given every March. Three should be info posted in the station explaining it.

But even the "system" implemented last year was incomplete without complete disclosure(IIRC they said it will change the next year but no further info)
Because if it continues as it was last year, this year again, nobody will actually get closer to topping out.

Overflowed: 50cents.. that'll be my biggest one so far! It'll put me almost at $2 for 7 years of service... whoohoo!

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
But even the "system" implemented last year was incomplete without complete disclosure(IIRC they said it will change the next year but no further info)
Because if it continues as it was last year, this year again, nobody will actually get closer to topping out.

Overflowed: 50cents.. that'll be my biggest one so far! It'll put me almost at $2 for 7 years of service... whoohoo!

Making it confusing and obtuse is part of the plan. The harder it is to understand, the fewer people will ask questions.

overflowed

If you quit and got rehired today you'd have a big raise Fredly. Too bad you have to be gone for something like 2 years to get it. What bull ****e.

Grounded

Don't pay raises come at the end of the fiscal year? At ground they do... Also if you're a PH don't they just auto add up, $.25 after your first month, etc.?

edit: Ah I just realized, ground has no driver employees that's probably why I'm confused. We do things a bit different.

Goldilocks

Well I could have said.... We do things better ;)

We use to be the Golden Employees of Federal Express, now we have been kicked to the curb....Bet there wont be any raises for all that hard work, especially during peak....And no buyout for anyone that touches a package. After listening to the BS in October and selling themselves to those stockholders, they lost me.....

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
We use to be the Golden Employees of Federal Express, now we have been kicked to the curb....Bet there wont be any raises for all that hard work, especially during peak....And no buyout for anyone that touches a package. After listening to the BS in October and selling themselves to those stockholders, they lost me.....

You get NOTHING!! Good day, SIR!!