Pay rate question

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by Newbee, Aug 19, 2016.

1. Newbee

Newbee New Member

So get this I'm a cover driver making 18.75 an hour. And on Saturdays I do :censored2: around the warehouse parking trucks yard check, etc...and I do a pickup that has ground pieces so I was getting ground rate for the whole day. I get my pay check this week and I'm getting my inside rate which is 10.50 for work done inside and my driver rate for just the 2 hours to do the pick up wtf. They said that this is how it's gonna be from now on cuz finance doesn't wanna pay me driver rate for doing warehouse work is this right?
  2. 3 done 3 to go

3 done 3 to go In control of my own destiny

All you can do is file on it. It will be straited out after
  3. RonBurgandy??????????

RonBurgandy?????????? God is Great, beer is good , People are crazy.

4. Box Ox

Box Ox Would rather be driving an E-frame

Are you sure? Sounds like your base classification is inside PT. And you're temp driving on the side. Inside rate for your inside work plus 3C (temp driver, no 8 hr guarantee) when you're driving ground on a Saturday sounds right to me.

If you were reporting as an air exception driver on a Saturday and run ground, you would be entitled to ground rate for all hours worked.
  5. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Very proud grandfather.

You are being paid correctly.
  6. Wally

Wally Hailing from Parts Unknown.

"Cuz"? What does family relatives have to do with anything?
  7. Mst3k

Mst3k Member

Depends on how you are classified and the contract you are working under
  8. rkctkc

rkctkc Member

In the southern supplement 18.75 is full time with seniority. If you were only a part time cover driver your pay rate for driving should be 85% of top rate, somewhere in the $29 range. And any time worked on a day that you drove should be paid at the driver rate. Anytime worked in the warehouse on a day you did not drive should be paid at your part time rate.