Pay stub on UPSERS

image.jpg

Overpaid Union Thug

Looks like I was screwed. My retro was deposited early Thursday morning so I already suspected that the amount (over $1100) seemed a little lower than I had estimated. Now that I've seen the stub it's confirmed. They taxed it at Single 0. My weekly checks are taxed at Married 8. UPS and the Teamsters clearly stated that the retro would be taxed at our normal rate.

Bookworm71

My pay stub makes no sense. I'm a mileage driver so I have different pay rates depending on whether I pulled single or double trailers. Also I get paid hourly for start work, on-road and finish work delays and for my 10 minute break. The stub shows RETRO-ST 308.13 1231.35. What is that supposed to mean? I guess they're too lazy to break it down. Sounds like time for a long talk with my supervisor on Wednesday.

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
Looks like I was screwed. My retro was deposited early Thursday morning so I already suspected that the amount (over $1100) seemed a little lower than I had estimated. Now that I've seen the stub it's confirmed. They taxed it at Single 0. My weekly checks are taxed at Married 8. UPS and the Teamsters clearly stated that the retro would be taxed at our normal rate.
Did you change it recently or something? My tax rate didn't change on the retro check, everything looks good.

Just talked to one of my younger coworkers, he is in progression. I told him to check his pay stub online. He called me and said he got almost 1400 take home! he was jumping up and down with excitement, he didnt think that he was, going to get any retro money!

Im really happy for him, they beat the crap out of this guy. Alaways overloading him, taking advantage of his lower pay scale!

JL 0513

Mine was taxed at about 4% higher than normal pay weeks. I assume it's because it is a higher bracket because it's much more than I make a week.

Another thing I noticed is that I got .70 for each hour from August 1 to around the end of April when my raise went through as part of my progression (instead of just March 1 as stated in the agreement). That's what I had originally figured but then I had seen this March 1 date and decreased my expectations. Guess I was right originally.

JL 0513

^ Yeah, I'm trying to find the language somewhere but I can't find it now. I found it weird that this period ran 7 months (8/1-3/1), when I would think it would be 6 months.

Either way, I got nearly 9 months worth of back pay.

Quigley

^ Yeah, I'm trying to find the language somewhere but I can't find it now. I found it weird that this period ran 7 months (8/1-3/1), when I would think it would be 6 months.

Either way, I got nearly 9 months worth of back pay.
The retro is from Aug 1 to April 25. It has nothing to do with progression rates.