pay us for our second break??

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
This has to be the only company in America where you have to file a lawsuit to sit down and eat. It's amazing they don't make the top 10,000 greatest places to work list. Most Admired?

MobileBA

I'm not following the line of questioning. Could you be more specific in details. I've read the news blurb on the subject matter out of California.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
This has to be the only company in America where you have to file a lawsuit to sit down and eat. It's amazing they don't make the top 10,000 greatest places to work list. Most Admired?

So true...its nothing short of pathetic...they really know how to spin things in their direction...don't they survey hourly employees when they do these surveys??

QKRSTKR

What I don't understand is everyone has a right to sit down and take their lunch. If your not going to get all your business delivered, let management know and that's that. No one sits on car with me and tells me i can't take my lunch everyday at 1pm.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
What I don't understand is everyone has a right to sit down and take their lunch. If your not going to get all your business delivered, let management know and that's that. No one sits on car with me and tells me i can't take my lunch everyday at 1pm.

The company preys on the fact that people want to get done at a decent hour. They start you late and load you down and you skip your lunch to get done. People just need to take the lunch and eventually mgmnt will get sick of dealing with it and adjust the routes accordingly.

CustomerConcern

The company preys on the fact that people want to get done at a decent hour. They start you late and load you down and you skip your lunch to get done. People just need to take the lunch and eventually mgmnt will get sick of dealing with it and adjust the routes accordingly.

Funny true story, this happened Thursday 3/10/11:

Preload had issues with equipment, MGT sent them home right at 0915 (driver start time) didn't get truck loaded and leave bldg until 1015. Had 12 NXDA stops, On-Road said no ground before air. Finished last air stop at 1103, drove across town 6 miles to make P/U sched for 1115. By 1145 I was at first ground stop of day now over an hour off schedule. At 1215 broke trace to go hit a sched P/U for 1230, finished P/U and took first break at 1245. Went back to where I left off on business loop. 1330 - 1430 stopped and took lunch. Had to break trace and deliver 5 NXDA savers by 1500. Called center manager at 1459 told her will have 20 missed business stops. center manager says "sheet them" (signing her name) and she would come get them. Told center manager find a driver to come deliver them, but I wont sheet them. 15 minutes later a PT Driver calls me to set up meet point to take rest of business. PT Driver missed 3 of the stops (lol). center manager got ripped by DM for putting in too many routes. What an awesome day/

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
Funny true story, this happened Thursday 3/10/11:

Preload had issues with equipment, MGT sent them home right at 0915 (driver start time) didn't get truck loaded and leave bldg until 1015. Had 12 NXDA stops, On-Road said no ground before air. Finished last air stop at 1103, drove across town 6 miles to make P/U sched for 1115. By 1145 I was at first ground stop of day now over an hour off schedule. At 1215 broke trace to go hit a sched P/U for 1230, finished P/U and took first break at 1245. Went back to where I left off on business loop. 1330 - 1430 stopped and took lunch. Had to break trace and deliver 5 NXDA savers by 1500. Called center manager at 1459 told her will have 20 missed business stops. center manager says "sheet them" (signing her name) and she would come get them. Told center manager find a driver to come deliver them, but I wont sheet them. 15 minutes later a PT Driver calls me to set up meet point to take rest of business. PT Driver missed 3 of the stops (lol). center manager got ripped by DM for putting in too many routes. What an awesome day/

Why do we lose faith in our company? It doesn't have to be this difficult. We deliver boxes for gods sake.

DS

Fenderbender

No they wont,they accomplish what they want when they want how they want.
Intimidation is rampant at hubs and centers everywhere.
A seasoned driver may well get his way ,but only after intense scrutinization,ride alongs,safety quizzes.Even if your whole hub is running smooth and everyone is happy,theres another one 300 miles away firing people for stupid things.

A lot of young drivers have spent 2 1/2 years getting to top rate,they have wives,mortgages,and a strong desire to make ups their life.

Face it,if some a@@hole center manager wants you gone,he will find a way.You will probably get your job back,but only after monitary hardships.

They talk about logistics,but every hub is run with no set rules,with different rules decided by the few that are trying to please the master.

I think after 100+ years there should be a book that covers everything.