$Pay_Check Grievance

F

FrigidAdCorrector

Violation of Federal labor law. Management is responsible to make sure this does not happen. Drivers have been threatened with progressive discipline for working before their start time. They still try and do it.
I don't allow it out of principle. Hate it

arice11

Einstein was a savant genius. Brilliant but also had his dysfunctions.
Maybe no one in my building cares about anything, because no one has stopped the other employees I work early with from showing up 2 hours early instead.

did I make this post somewhere else already? my bad.
But hey, I'm just trying to get some ideas and information ammo to combat the situation

Y'all are entirely too up-tight. maybe that's what the UP in UPS stands for, UP-tight Seniors. hahaha

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Maybe no one in my building cares about anything, because no one has stopped the other employees I work early with from showing up 2 hours early instead.

But hey, I'm just trying to get some ideas and information ammo to combat the situation

Y'all are entirely too up-tight. maybe that's what the UP in UPS stands for, UP-tight Seniors. hahaha

PTers showing up 2 hours early for their shift? Yeah, I don't think so.

You also mentioned that you come in early to unload irregs and over 70's. In my center those are always processed last.

Also, you said that you were shorted "4 to 3 hours". It is the norm to list the numbers in ascending order.

greengrenades

To be the man, you gotta beat the man.
Been noticing a good 4 to 3 hours is shaved off my actual hours worked because the management hasn't bothered to adjust my start times.
Since I started at UPS i have been at an earlier start time than most the building because I unload IRREGS and over 70lbs packages then deliver them to their belts.
Maybe working an hour or so for free wouldn't bother me so much if the units of work I'm handling were not so dangerous.
Most injuries I have had are from delivering Irregs in the first place.
So my hang-up on this issue is How Would I Want To Word A Grievance That Addresses My Problem.
Can a supervisor simply shave hours off or in-effect demote me while still having me come in earlier?
Steward man, steward...

UnconTROLLed

perfection
I would imagine someone in management would notice and put a stop to your working early off the clock.
We always had people come in early and work for free. There is one in particular that still does come in early to work their area. I know as a fact they are off the clock. Steward and company allowed it.
UPS response : "well, bring it up with your union then". I did. Nothing. I eventually gave up that fight.

Good ol' Local 25 doing their best...to do nothing. ;)

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
Violation of Federal labor law. Management is responsible to make sure this does not happen. Drivers have been threatened with progressive discipline for working before their start time. They still try and do it.

It is also a contractual violation for management to allow this and not compensate the employees.

Article 17 of the National Master

The employer will not allow employees to work prior to their start time without appropriate compensation.

arice11

We always had people come in early and work for free. There is one in particular that still does come in early to work their area. I know as a fact they are off the clock. Steward and company allowed it.
UPS response : "well, bring it up with your union then". I did. Nothing. I eventually gave up that fight.

Good ol' Local 25 doing their best...to do nothing. ;)

sounds about right

J

jibbs

Whoa, you've been here for more than a month and don't know what the U and the P stand for? :censored2:, dude, you gotta pay more attention.

You come in early and work for free, that's pretty much management taking a freebie. Why would they care? You guys apparently have volunteered to do it. If it makes you angry, un-volunteer yourself. It's pretty simple.

Returntosender

f4c9ca6d-9df6-49e9-8dd3-225d48befd0d_zps89z2bojz.png

By The Book

Why ya gotta hate on us seniors? Some of you youngins weren't even born yet when we started.

GetTacosOrDieTrying

What's in the box!!!!!?
Take a photo of when you punch in early. Also inform your sup you started at x:xx time. Then take a picture of your clock out time. And total time up. If it does not match inform your friend/t supervisor. Tell em you have all punches documented on your phone and you inform your sup of the early start time. But be sure to get permission you can start early first.cause you can get reprimanded starting early without permission .