paycheck accident ..

Nitelite

Don't be stupid. If he needed the check, he would have come and got it. While I am sure there are FTers that do not have direct deposit, most do. He can wait until Monday.

dillweed

pkghandler - I'm disgusted with your attitude on this. You come in asking what to do and the ramifications - call your boss and ask him what to do.

DeputyDip

Backwoods Hillbilly
Don't worry about it pkghandler. You have been fired and a competent supervisor has already handled the situation properly. If you can't take the pressure of passing out payroll once a week, UPS is probably not for you.

pkg handler

guys first and foremost i apoligize for my attitude innthis thread ..if anyone has seen any of my other poss i normally don't act this way. I had been drinking and not to blame it on it but it did effect my feelings and attitude at the time. Im sorry if i offended anyone also. I was just in a wrong state of mind and happen to post a thread where truthfully i didn't know what to do thats why i asked you guys for help ... ppl with alot more experience here that I thought could guide me through or been in a similar experience

BigBrownSanta

guys first and foremost i apoligize for my attitude innthis thread ..if anyone has seen any of my other poss i normally don't act this way. I had been drinking and not to blame it on it but it did effect my feelings and attitude at the time. Im sorry if i offended anyone also. I was just in a wrong state of mind and happen to post a thread where truthfully i didn't know what to do thats why i asked you guys for help ... ppl with alot more experience here that I thought could guide me through or been in a similar experience

So, did you call?

sano

Don't you just hate when a six pack logs in under your user name?:happy-very:

Sounds like you handled it fine.

Usually, how we handle it when we make a mistake leaves a bigger impression than if we never made a mistake in the first place.
Not that we should try to make a mistake just to have the chance to fix it.

Think about it. I was at a steakhouse in Las Vegas last year.(Lawry's Prime) Wonderful meal, but when the waiter brought my prime rib he spilled some juice on my pants and jacket. The waiter made a half hearted apology and hurried off. I was upset. Here I am spending an obscene amount of money on a dining experience and they spill rib juice on me. If the story ended there I would never go back to that restaurant and would tell you not to either. Too many good restaurants to go back to one that i had a bad experience at.

However, 5 minutes later the manager came over and very sincerely apologised. He said he would like to buy our table a bottle of wine and then he gave me a card and said "When you get back to your hotel have them dry-clean your cloths and send me the bill. If it leaves a stain, I will buy you a new set of cloths"

For the price of a bottle of wine (I never did bill him for the cleaning)the manager turned a mistake into a positive experience. I have told people about this experience and now I am posting it here. I am sure the bottle of wine paid off.

pkg handler

Don't you just hate when a six pack logs in under your user name?:happy-very:

Sounds like you handled it fine.

Usually, how we handle it when we make a mistake leaves a bigger impression than if we never made a mistake in the first place.
Not that we should try to make a mistake just to have the chance to fix it.

Think about it. I was at a steakhouse in Las Vegas last year.(Lawry's Prime) Wonderful meal, but when the waiter brought my prime rib he spilled some juice on my pants and jacket. The waiter made a half hearted apology and hurried off. I was upset. Here I am spending an obscene amount of money on a dining experience and they spill rib juice on me. If the story ended there I would never go back to that restaurant and would tell you not to either. Too many good restaurants to go back to one that i had a bad experience at.

However, 5 minutes later the manager came over and very sincerely apologised. He said he would like to buy our table a bottle of wine and then he gave me a card and said "When you get back to your hotel have them dry-clean your cloths and send me the bill. If it leaves a stain, I will buy you a new set of cloths"

For the price of a bottle of wine (I never did bill him for the cleaning)the manager turned a mistake into a positive experience. I have told people about this experience and now I am posting it here. I am sure the bottle of wine paid off.
yes .. the imfamous six pack threads .. lol thats a good story and very nice of the owners on their part
Good. I guess everything's good to go. You can enjoy the rest of your weekend with a clear conscience now.

yea he understood completely he lives around 25 mins away i told him id have no problem driving it up ..he said dont worry ill see you on monday ..good guy

pkg handler

brown santa i dont kow why the neg .. i did a reverse address look up to get his number after i foundhis check and said i would call this morning as i did... and i know its not an excuse but i was inebriated as well .. but its your opinion i guess..by the time i had his number i figured it to be too late to call and didnt want to really disturb him at that time .. thats all

BigBrownSanta

brown santa i dont kow why the neg .. i did a reverse address look up to get his number after i foundhis check and said i would call this morning as i did... and i know its not an excuse but i was inebriated as well .. but its your opinion i guess..by the time i had his number i figured it to be too late to call and didnt want to really disturb him at that time .. thats all

I'm not sure where you are reading any negativity in my comments. None was intended.

pkg handler

I'm not sure where you are reading any negativity in my comments. None was intended.
33w1cp4.gif

BigBrownSanta

I can't view that pic on my cell phone. I checked your profile to see if someone with a similisr screen name to me neg repped you. It would appear Brown Suit was the last one to rep you.

I don't neg rep unless you say something that is extremely, extremely negative. And even then, I probably still wouldn't neg rep you.

pkg handler

I can't view that pic on my cell phone. I checked your profile to see if someone with a similisr screen name to me neg repped you. It would appear Brown Suit was the last one to rep you.

I don't neg rep unless you say something that is extremely, extremely negative. And even then, I probably still wouldn't neg rep you.

your right badcall on my part..i seem to be making mistakes more frequently then ever now ..yes it was infact brownsuit ..thanks man ..

Trey16

Sorry, to tag on to this thread, but I have a different paycheck issue. My pay is placed on a prepaid card by UPS. It's Friday afternoon and I just got off this morning, by the way, I am a part-time package handler. This is my first paycheck. Anyway, there is nothing on the card as of 1:30 CST. I have heard that it's possible that the first paycheck may be mailed, instead of placed on the Aline Card. Does anyone know the answer? I went to the UPS site and I do see the check issued.