Paycheck Help????

ups_vette

over9five said:
"

I've said that many times.Think of the millions the company makes by making these pay "mistakes".

Put me on the "paranoid/twisted/deranged" list too.

Here's something else to think about. There are 70,000 drivers a day. If every driver is paid one additional minute more than required, that equates to an additional $10,000,000.00 a year.
70,000 drivers) x $.57 (overtime per minute) x 5 days x 52 weeks = $10,374,000.00.

So, the next time someone says to you "got a minute", think about it. Think of the millions the company loses by paying for those minutes.

happybob

Feeders
How about trying both. File the grievance stating the company did not fix your problem in the contractually required time. Ask for the days pay penalty. Then get a hold of the number to call the complaint in.

Seems to me this wouldn't be just turning up the flames. Looks like it would be starting the fire and then turning up the flames at the same time.

Good luck.

20_smoke

Whenever i have a new 22.3 employee i recode him in ptm, then for the next 2 weeks i do a current week adjustment just in case. THIS WORKS!!!
Supervisors need to proactive instead of reactive. If management can do anything right for his or her employees it should be there pay. If you can't do that right your employees will never trust you. Responsible management people are at an all time low and the company knows it. I do have one question, why didnt you go to HR or your manager?

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
Vette, that is so true. But you have to understand that we actually made you 90 million dollars during that time.

See, you think we are just jackin our jaws for that minute. But mostly, we are answering questions that the customer has asked. Mostly about shipping a package. Now, at about 6 bucks, which is the cheapest thing we carry, that works out to be roughly 109,200,000 less your 10,374,000, which leaves us a profit of 98,826,000.

Now, see you looked at it as a loss, I see it as a gain. Almost $100 million bucks for one minute of customer help. Not a shabby return!

So just go back to crunching those numbers, let us have that one minute per driver to help our customers, and we all win.

Best regards from your pal

d:)

trickpony1

Danny-
I vaguely recall Vette saying he was in management for 26 years. If this is true then he, and many others, were around when the stock was splitting like rabbits as well as privately held. I could be wrong but my guess is Vette is sitting on about 2-3 million in stock.

I wish I had his problems........

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
Trick

Be careful what you wish for. While 2-3 million in UPS stock might solve some problems, it creates others.

BTW, before they went public, they offered to allow drivers and other hourly to buy stock, even the chance to hypo the transactions. I know of several drivers that did just that and ended up with a lot of stock worth a mint. But you had to act on the offer, not just sit there wishing.

I have learned that no matter where in life one finds themselves, while lack of money is a real problem at times, a great abundance is also problematic.

So while he may have plenty of money, I would guess he also has plenty of other issues in life that I dont want any part of?

Be it ever so humble, I appreciate my lot in life.

d

I had a tax issue with my checks for a long time.

No matter what they wouldn't take state tax. I called the payroll center, a long distance number, several times. And they didn't know anything.

Then I went to our district manager, and he had it fixed in 2 days.

ups_vette

Trickster.....Not that I'm looking for you to feel sorry for me but, since the $12 a share decline in UPS stock, I'm afraid I'll have to downsize from a ocean front suite at the Hilton Hawaiian Village to a partial ocean view junior suite for my 3 weeks in Hawaii. Aren't you glad you don't have that problem?

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
Vette

Rub it in you little prick! ;)

Seriously, I hope you enjoy the time there. That will be on the list of things to visit over the next two or three years. I have enjoyed the great outdoors that is the west the last several years. A really laid back vacation where cell phones dont work, and even a few days where even the radio cant find a station. Very relaxing compared to the bustle of everyday life.

Enjoy. I know that for the most part, those of you that have earned that kind of money did earn it. Nothing given.

d