Paycheck Question

laffter

On the paystub I received today, there is something listed as "OT OTHER", which I was paid $8.08 for. It does not show a pay rate or time worked, just a Gross Pay amount. Do any of you have any idea what this might be for?

laffter

Did you code off any time at the end of the day last week, like to answer safety questions?

I don't even know how to do that. So no.

Is "OT OTHER" something common to see when you get paid for something that isn't your normal work? Anything that doesn't fall under the category of your normal pay rates?

If the answer is yes, then I still don't know what it's for. But in that case, I suppose someone felt I should have been paid more for something I did? My driver helping was all over the place last week. Helping more than one driver in a day, for a few of the days. The communication between driver sups and the helper coordinator is anything but reliable. So their record of my times is often incorrect, or missing entirely. I feel like sometimes they just make numbers up so as not spend time tracking down the accurate information. Since I started helping, I've been overpaid each week (on the driver helper pay rate hours, particularly OT). I guess it's possible someone thought they may have shorted me, and tacked on a little more to stay on the safe side? *shrug*

Kae3106

It's a system thing...don't sweat it. We see it all the time. There's no good explanation for it other than it's something that happens when you have weird shifts and codes all over the place.

If you think your pay is incorrect, you have can have your center put in a Payroll Inquiry and ask for your hours history, not your paycheck history. The hours history will show shift by shift, code by code, rate by rate exactly what you were paid. The paycheck history will show your total pay and any taxes and deductions for each paycheck.