Paycheck site on upsers.com unavailable

brett636

So I go to view my weekly paycheck just as I always do through upsers.com, and come to find out the paycheck viewing system will be down starting Thursday the 26th through Sunday the 1st. Now why on earth would they take down the paycheck viewing site on those particular days of the week? Wouldn't a Sunday through Wednesday downtime work better since the majority of UPSers don't need to view their paycheck information then? I wouldn't be so annoyed with this had it not been for the fact that I don't receive a paper pay stub anymore. The only way I can view my paycheck is through upsers.com, so now I cannot make sure my paycheck is correct or see the breakdown of my hours. :angry:

upsdude

I went back to paper a few weeks ago, haven’t been back to upsers.com since.

I gave up on upsers.com when a “corporate monitor” of this site decided to harass a BC member over some upser.com content that was posted here.

I agree with you though, poor planning by someone in Atlanta, again. Shows yet again how much they think about the employees.

stealth8

I think you guys are overreacting a bit. Why don't you just go to your BANK website online make sure the check was deposited, then check your stub when the system is back and running next week??

BURMDPsupe

I think you guys are overreacting a bit. Why don't you just go to your BANK website online make sure the check was deposited, then check your stub when the system is back and running next week??

For one, to make sure the proper amounts are being taken out (ie 401K, Personal Insurance, Health Insurance, etc). UPS has been known to screw up some of these deductions (United Way and UPSPAC come to mind).

M-

chev

Nightcrawler
Damn this pisses me off. I just got done changing over to a no paper system and they pull this crap. Why couldn't they do this Sunday thru Wednesday instead Thursday thru Sunday. Someone needs to pull their head out of their colon.:angry:
Because if the check is wrong, we have to wait that much longer to have it corrected.
It's pretty stupid to mess with it when most people access it. Typical stupidity.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
Totally agree, stupidity. I sit down Thursday morn with my bankbook, and do my reconciling and set up everything so I dont have to touch anything over the weekend, especially since my son is coming home for a visit.
Can It still be done without UPSERS, absolutely, and just to prove how useless UPSERS is I will go back to paper as I said I was going to. As this is the one and only thing I find it useful for.

InTheRed

Not is you are paperless direct deposit which it sounds as though most posting on this thread, including myself, are. The timing of the website maintenance could not have been worse.

The checks have always been available online the day before the checks are issued. I have always been able to check on a Wednesday what my statement would show.

I just came from UPSERS.com, I didn't see the link to view the pay advice. Has the totalpay card link been there a while? I don't use UPSERS.com much so I haven't been there for some time. I still receive the paper non-negotiable check although I have direct deposit.

brownIEman

The entire GEMS system is going through maintenance, not just the paycheck portion.

"Wouldn't a Sunday through Wednesday downtime work better since the majority of UPSers don't need to view their paycheck information then?"

Well, sure for folks looking at checks on UPSERS. Of course, you would then have the entire HR department with hands tied Monday through Wednesday. Not to mention the fact that this maint. coincides with the end of the month, that is likely not a coincidence, so you would have to give up on any FMLA or other benefits updates you were going to do for the month by going the Sun-Wed route. But heck, who cares about folks trying to get FMLA or disability or other such benifits as long as I can see my paycheck on the specific day I want.

No, I am sure it was not done for any of those reasons, it was done this way just to piss me off and because UPS does not care about its people. Yeah, that must be it.

upsdude

No, I am sure it was not done for any of those reasons, it was done this way just to piss me off and because UPS does not care about its people. Yeah, that must be it.

How about a PCM that would have given everyone a heads up?

How about paper checks for everyone this week?

So this was an IE decision? Now it makes sense.

UPSNewbie

The entire GEMS system is going through maintenance, not just the paycheck portion.

"Wouldn't a Sunday through Wednesday downtime work better since the majority of UPSers don't need to view their paycheck information then?"

Well, sure for folks looking at checks on UPSERS. Of course, you would then have the entire HR department with hands tied Monday through Wednesday. Not to mention the fact that this maint. coincides with the end of the month, that is likely not a coincidence, so you would have to give up on any FMLA or other benefits updates you were going to do for the month by going the Sun-Wed route. But heck, who cares about folks trying to get FMLA or disability or other such benifits as long as I can see my paycheck on the specific day I want.

Not done to piss people off, just not thought through.

gandydancer

Maintenance that requires a projected four days off-line is ipso facto incompetent. Anyway, historical paycheck data can be served from a fully locked database. There's no good reason for this function to ever go down.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
Damn this pisses me off. I just got done changing over to a no paper system and they pull this crap. Why couldn't they do this Sunday thru Wednesday instead Thursday thru Sunday. Someone needs to pull their head out of their colon.:angry:

Because if the check is wrong, we have to wait that much longer to have it corrected.
It's pretty stupid to mess with it when most people access it. Typical stupidity.
Why do you have to wait that much longer? I get my check direct deposited, I get my pay stub today, if my pay is wrong I turn it in today.

barnyard

KTM rider
We have not been presented with a paperless option. I do direct deposit and that is cool, but my gripe is this: direct deposit and paperless stubs saves the company X amount of money. Why doesn't the company give participants a check for 1/2 or 1/4 of the savings every quarter or year????

I bet if they shared the savings, everyone (or pretty darn close to everyone) would do it.

TB

Paid-over-in-Maine

15 more years of this!
Why do you have to wait that much longer? I get my check direct deposited, I get my pay stub today, if my pay is wrong I turn it in today.
I do the same, although I know the frustration of not being able to view on-line. I'm expecting something to be wrong as I'm doing this TAW thing and it was wrong last week. By the way, does anyone know about "Green" checks? Are they taxed at a higher rate than a regular paycheck? I was shorted almost $500.00 last week and opted to wait for it in this weeks pay as everyone told me about the green being taxed more.