paychecks Christmas week

P

pickup

True dat, but what about those who get live checks, especially the casuals? Would they get theirs on Wednesday and for that matter, will those who didn't go paperless get their stubs on Wednesday as well? I'm betting "YES".

Scottyhawk

What is it? A brown box. Duh
Checks are issued on Thursday's, so the checks will be issued on Wednesday. If you receive direct deposit, money will be available Thursday morning

Scottyhawk

What is it? A brown box. Duh
Why what, Dave? Financial institutions show our direct deposit checks being deposited on Thursdays. At least my credit union does.
Some banks immediately releases direct deposits when received, unfortunately mine only releases at midnight so I will see the funds available Christmas morning

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
It depends.... lot of buildings are different in terms of when they are paid...believe it or not, it depends on your region.
Christmas is Thursday....if paper checks usually arrive on Thursdays in your building...like mine do, checks should come in Wed instead with the air. If you have DD, you'll receieve it on Tuesday instead of Wed...the same as Thanksgiving week...at least that's how my bank works.

JL 0513

Why what, Dave? Financial institutions show our direct deposit checks being deposited on Thursdays. At least my credit union does.

Most banks don't receive the deposit until Friday.

Not sure why some think we would get paid early on Christmas when Friday is a regular business day.

laffter

My check on Thanksgiving week was deposited on Thanksgiving day (Thursday), not Friday. The date for the deposit, however, shows that it was on the 28th. Looking back through my bank statements, the deposit for Christmas week 2013 was dated for the Friday of that week, also. I can't remember when the deposit actually showed up.