paychecks lost!!!!!

9.5er

While you Philly boys are setting up your direct deposits take a moment to consider going paperless as well. I have been paperless direct since it was first offered and I do not miss the paper paystubs at all. I go to upsers every Thursday morning to check my paystub and, if there is an error, I print it and highlight the error(s) so that my mgt team can begin the process. The only paper paystub that you really need is the end of year stub, which you can use to do your taxes.

Just curious, how often do you find errors in your pay?

For the record I have been paperless for a couple years now.

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
My father is 61 and has no idea on how to navigate the Internet, nor does he have the desire. I can't fathom it.

As far as banks go, when I was a kid my grandmother lived with us. She was born in 1920, grew up on very hard times during the depression. She always told my father that if there were ever a fire in our home, he absolutely needed to get her mattress outside. She would literally keep thousands and thousands of dollars stuffed in there because her father told her after the crash of 1929 to never, ever trust a bank.
Note to self. Go to Goodwill today and buy all the old mattresses.

Fedex Guy

You need to work on your reading comprehension. The OP claims that it is more difficult to open a bank account in an urban area (I personally think he is full of crap).

He's either full of crap, or he's made poor decisions in his past that won't let him open a bank account. I've been there.

Just to be clear, I don't work for FedEx. Crazy I know.

PeasAndCarrots

Really??!?!? Sounds like you need to visit a financial planner as well.
I'm thinking he's a part-timer. I know a bunch of guys who depend on their part-time check, hell, I used to be one of em. Wise up, get on a truck, get direct deposit and you won't have paycheck problems again.

Sent via Big Arrow Up

bluebiker

While you Philly boys are setting up your direct deposits take a moment to consider going paperless as well. I have been paperless direct since it was first offered and I do not miss the paper paystubs at all. I go to upsers every Thursday morning to check my paystub and, if there is an error, I print it and highlight the error(s) so that my mgt team can begin the process. The only paper paystub that you really need is the end of year stub, which you can use to do your taxes.

I've found the information is on upsers after about 2 am Wed mornings.

sortaisle

Livin the cardboard dream
Some of us cannot have a bank account you guys must not work in urban areas. Not everywhere has white picket fences

Sent using BrownCafe App
Wow...you sure earned an :censored2: badge real quick...no messing around. You don't need a bank to have the payroll visa card. I am sorry about your paycheck. You'll get paid. Make sure you file for your penalty pay if they don't get it to you in a timely manner.

upschuck

Here when you get hired, Chase bank comes in and does a presentation, and tries to sign people up for an account if you don't have one.

kingOFchester

Omitting the fact that the OP is unable or unwilling to get a checking account, it is intriguing that the UPS checks, shipped via UPS, did not make it to their final destination at a UPS building.